“Excellent Staff and The Room Was Fine”

Best Western Plus Park Place Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Chehalis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Redmond, Oregon
“Excellent Staff and The Room Was Fine”
Reviewed June 17, 2009

Upon check in the two young ladies at the front desk were very helpful and accommodating,
seeing as how we had no reservation but were walk ins.
They found us a nice room and also helped us in redeeming Priority Club
points that we had missed retaining at our previous stay at a Best Western.

The room was fine, the bed a bit firm for my taste but all in all no complaints. These rooms have the sink outside the bathroom. Everything was neat and clean. My wife says she liked the bed.

This motel is near I-5 so if you like to sleep with the window open it will be noisy.
Interesting to note that the room included a set of "Just in Case" ear plugs. That
was a first for me. I carry my own anyway. We slept with the AC on so we did not hear the freeway. The AC was a quiet one.

Breakfast consisted of those yummy little egg type burritos, sausage, cold cereal, hard boiled eggs, breads, pastries, yogurt, an assortment of juice, milk and coffee. Plenty of choices to start your day.

Thanks for your time.

I feel this place deserves Better Than #3

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
California
Reviewed April 9, 2009

As part of a group of 70+ Bike Riders and crew we stayed here on the second night of our bike ride from Portland to Seattle in March 2009. We were understandably a large group , but the staff was not ready nor willing to deal with us. Which is suprising because we had given them ample warning that we were coming to occupy over 20 rooms on an other wise slow Tuesday in March. Few of our rooms were ready when we arrived, and the majority were told to wait for our rooms to be ready to check in. At about 3:45 pm I finally got my room (check is was officially 3 pm), but others were still waiting. The front desk staff had no patience for us or our stuff while we waited. The hotel it self had nice facilities, but the front desk staff soured the entire stay for us. Not reccomended.

• Stayed March 2009
1 Thank Charles9
Redding, California
Reviewed May 6, 2008

I stayed at this hotel in February and found bugs in the bed! Instead of refunding my money they gave me 10 bucks off. This place is a joke and I would NOT recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank hollister81
San Jose, CA
Reviewed November 11, 2007

If you compare this inn with other "small town" inns then it is one the best I've stayed in. The staff were very friendly here (found that to be true with most residents in this area). The rooms itself is a bit dated but very clean. The pool was the perfect temperature. I only had yogurt for breakfast but my wife says the biscuits and gravy were quite good.
Compared to similar motels like Motel 6, Travelodge, Holiday inn xpress, etc... The Best Western Park Place Inn was a delightful surprise.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
Concho, Arizona
Reviewed September 17, 2007

We stayed three nights in Chehalis for a fishing trip. The staff at the BW was great and the room was very comfortable. We had to get up at 4:00am each morning and the night staff was very helpful in making sure we had something to eat (cold breakfast) before we left. We never had a chance to try the normal breakfast offerings. Chehalis doesn't have much to do but the location was central to the rivers we were fishing. (FANTASTIC FISHING by-the-way!) We went to dinner in Centralia one night but we didn't do much else because of the early mornings.
We recommend this hotel if you need to be staying in the area. Nothing special (except for the staff) but it's clean, comfortable and convenient location to the highway.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
WA
Reviewed August 8, 2007

We stayed here for 1 night after visiting Mt. St. Helens for the day. We had the mini suite, which has 2 queen beds and a sofa bed. There is nothing exceptional about this hotel, but is perfectly fine for a stay when traveling. The room was clean, staff very nice, decor appealing; interior and exterior wise, clean/warm pool and spa, complementary breakfast with hot waffles.

It seemed to be the best in the area, too, as far as accomodations.

At the exit that the hotel is at there are not many choices as a far as restaurants. There is a Jack in the Box right next door and a Kit Carsons Restaurant just beyond that. We ate dinner at Kit Carsons and I would not recommend it. It looks fine from the outside, but is filthy on the inside! I just about walked out. The staff was not friendly at all, either. I wish we would have hopped on the freeway (going north) and got off at the next exit for dinner, there was at least an Applebee's there, which I am sure had to be better!

• Liked — Looks appealing, cleanliness, location to St. Helens
  • Disliked — No good restaurants nearby, for tired travelers!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Norcross, Georgia
Reviewed October 3, 2006

I spent one night here after a long day of hiking at Mt Saint Helens, and the front desk staff was super friendly. I got a very good rate, and the hotel was very clean and convenient to the interstate. But my room smelled musty and the furniture was dated. The desk/table was rickety and the bed sagged in the middle. The pillows had been around the block a few times, so I didn't get a great night's sleep. It was okay for one night, but I probably wouldn't stay there again unless I were just too tired to keep driving to a better hotel closer to the city.

• Liked — Convenient location, low rate
  • Disliked — Dated furniture, bedding
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled solo
3 Thank JulieBR
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chehalis
Holiday Inn Express Suites Chehalis - Centralia
#3 of 4 in Chehalis
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 11 in Centralia

Been to Best Western Plus Park Place Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!