“They weren't ready for us and acted like they wished we weren't there”

Best Western Plus Park Place Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Chehalis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 9, 2009

As part of a group of 70+ Bike Riders and crew we stayed here on the second night of our bike ride from Portland to Seattle in March 2009. We were understandably a large group , but the staff was not ready nor willing to deal with us. Which is suprising because we had given them ample warning that we were coming to occupy over 20 rooms on an other wise slow Tuesday in March. Few of our rooms were ready when we arrived, and the majority were told to wait for our rooms to be ready to check in. At about 3:45 pm I finally got my room (check is was officially 3 pm), but others were still waiting. The front desk staff had no patience for us or our stuff while we waited. The hotel it self had nice facilities, but the front desk staff soured the entire stay for us. Not reccomended.

• Stayed: March 2009
1  Thank Charles9
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Park Place Inn & Suites

Reviewed May 6, 2008

I stayed at this hotel in February and found bugs in the bed! Instead of refunding my money they gave me 10 bucks off. This place is a joke and I would NOT recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank hollister81
Reviewed November 11, 2007

If you compare this inn with other "small town" inns then it is one the best I've stayed in. The staff were very friendly here (found that to be true with most residents in this area). The rooms itself is a bit dated but very clean. The pool was the perfect temperature. I only had yogurt for breakfast but my wife says the biscuits and gravy were quite good.
Compared to similar motels like Motel 6, Travelodge, Holiday inn xpress, etc... The Best Western Park Place Inn was a delightful surprise.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2007

We stayed three nights in Chehalis for a fishing trip. The staff at the BW was great and the room was very comfortable. We had to get up at 4:00am each morning and the night staff was very helpful in making sure we had something to eat (cold breakfast) before we left. We never had a chance to try the normal breakfast offerings. Chehalis doesn't have much to do but the location was central to the rivers we were fishing. (FANTASTIC FISHING by-the-way!) We went to dinner in Centralia one night but we didn't do much else because of the early mornings.
We recommend this hotel if you need to be staying in the area. Nothing special (except for the staff) but it's clean, comfortable and convenient location to the highway.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2007

We stayed here for 1 night after visiting Mt. St. Helens for the day. We had the mini suite, which has 2 queen beds and a sofa bed. There is nothing exceptional about this hotel, but is perfectly fine for a stay when traveling. The room was clean, staff very nice, decor appealing; interior and exterior wise, clean/warm pool and spa, complementary breakfast with hot waffles.

It seemed to be the best in the area, too, as far as accomodations.

At the exit that the hotel is at there are not many choices as a far as restaurants. There is a Jack in the Box right next door and a Kit Carsons Restaurant just beyond that. We ate dinner at Kit Carsons and I would not recommend it. It looks fine from the outside, but is filthy on the inside! I just about walked out. The staff was not friendly at all, either. I wish we would have hopped on the freeway (going north) and got off at the next exit for dinner, there was at least an Applebee's there, which I am sure had to be better!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2006

I spent one night here after a long day of hiking at Mt Saint Helens, and the front desk staff was super friendly. I got a very good rate, and the hotel was very clean and convenient to the interstate. But my room smelled musty and the furniture was dated. The desk/table was rickety and the bed sagged in the middle. The pillows had been around the block a few times, so I didn't get a great night's sleep. It was okay for one night, but I probably wouldn't stay there again unless I were just too tired to keep driving to a better hotel closer to the city.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled solo
3  Thank JulieBR
Reviewed July 8, 2006

We booked a family suite for our family of 5 and had a nice, large, L shaped room with plenty of space to stretch out! While there is not much to do in Chehalis/Centralia, we were able to drive south to Seaside, OR, then back up through Astoria, OR, crossed the bridge and made our way to Long Beach, WA all in one long day trip. This hotel is located about halfway between Seattle and Portland, so if you don't mind 2 hour drives on a busy highway, this is the place to stay!

The prices at this hotel are very affordable for the size of the rooms and the amenities offered. Breakfast was much more than a pastry and coffee. There were several cereal options, different breads, hard-boiled eggs, and some fruits. The pool is clean. Staff is very helpful and friendly. The parking lot can be crowded, so if you drive a big SUV be prepared to squeeze it in! Other than that complaint, it was a great place to stay and we have returned to this property for other short stays.

• Stayed: June 2005
1  Thank NWTravelingFam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chehalis
Holiday Inn Express Suites Chehalis - Centralia
#3 of 11 in Centralia
Relax Inn
Relax Inn
#3 of 4 in Chehalis

Been to Best Western Plus Park Place Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!