“Nice hotel and great staff on desk but poor location.”

Best Western Plus Park Place Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Chehalis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 24, 2011

Stayed here on return to Canada via Interstate . It is a nice hotel, the rooms are nicely furnished but let down by rather shabby corridors. The guy on the front desk was was extremly helpful and welcoming .The free hot breakfast was above average but what prevents a four star for this hotel is the location. Adjacent to a railway line which had goods trains using it until quite late at night and kept us awake , our room overlooked a trailer park and also the railway and the traffic from the Interstate was quite noisy. We mentioned the railway to the front desk in the morning who seemed to think we had been unlucky and that trains rarely ran at night!

There are few restaurants within walking distance and we made the unfortunate mistake of visiting the Kit Carson Restaurant near the hotel. This has to be one of the worst restaurants we have ever eaten in. We were seated with a view behind the counter and could see the kitchen, the waitress seemed to not care and the decor and food was terrible- we ate very little and left quickly ( they should have paid us for the courage to enter this establishment ) -- only enter this restaurant at your peril!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
parkplaceinn, Front Desk Guest Services at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2011

Thank you for your honest comments concerning your stay with us. I am very sorry for the dissatisfaction you experienced. Due to the location of our property, we do sometimes encounter noise from the trains passing through the area. For our lighter sleepers, we try to place them on the quieter side of the property. We appreciate your patronage, and I hope you give us another opportunity to serve you. We have many new renovations on our rooms and public areas, and I'm sure you will find our property even better than before!

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Park Place Inn & Suites

Reviewed January 22, 2011

we injoyed are stay here, it was friendly and clean and a great cont. breakfast, rooms are very nice. thank you to the staff very nice

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
parkplaceinn, Front Desk Guest Services at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2011

Thank you very much for your kind comments concerning your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback greatly, and We hope to have you at our property again. Thank You

Reviewed January 3, 2011

Checked in late with no reservation (on the way to Disneyland). Very nice lady on the front desk. Room was very nice and was just far enough away from the I5 so traffic was not noticable. Very nice continental breakfast included.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
parkplaceinn, Front Desk Guest Services at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2011

Greetings from Chehalis!

Thank you very much for your comments concerning your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast and also experienced great customer service, a trait we pride ourselves in. Please come and stay with us again the next time you are in the area. Our property has been going through many positive changes and renovations, and I'm sure you're next stay will be even better! Thank You

Reviewed December 15, 2010

I'm a travel agent and normally stay in Marriott properties. Since this area doesn't have one, I thought I'd try the Best Western. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of this hotel. It's very clean and modern with everything you could ask for. Great breakfast and free internet. I would highly recommend this hotel when visiting the Chehalis/Centralia area.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 20, 2010

We spent two nights at the Best Western in Chehalis, and were very happy with the hotel.
Our double queen room was pretty standard - two beds, desk, TV, small sofa, etc. The hotel was clean and quiet, and the beds were comfortable.
The staff was pleasant and helpful. When a light bulb went out in our bathroom, the front desk responded very quickly; someone was up to our room within just a couple of minutes.
The pool and hot tub were clean.
The exercise room was pretty small, with an older model rowing machine, and a newer recumbent bike and treadmill.
There is a washer and dryer on the first floor, right across from the pool and exercise room. If I recall correctly, it cost $0.75 to wash and the same to dry. There was a vending machine in the room that sells detergent, etc.
The hotel has WiFi - ask for a log-in code at the front desk. Reception in the room was adequate, though at times, I had a hard time connecting or staying connected.
There are two computers and a printer in the lobby that can be used by registered guests.
The only “con” about the hotel was the breakfast service. Both mornings we ate at the hotel, the staff had a hard time keeping the food stocked. One minute the waffle batter dispenser was empty; the next all 6 of the juice carafes were. Both days, we ended up waiting around the breakfast room for enough food to be brought out so that we could have a complete meal. The apples were gross! Without even touching them, it was obvious that they were rotten and had been sitting around for quite a while. There were no other choices for fruit.
Other Info:
We stayed at the BW in Chehalis because of its proximity to Mt St Helen’s. It took us about 90 minutes to get to the Johnston Observatory; this timing included stopping at a couple viewing areas along the way and driving through a heavy bank of fog.
For families: There is a FABULOUS park just across the road from the hotel. There is a free splash pad and small climbing structure on the southern edge of the park, as well as a swimming pool that charges admission. (Open swim times are rather irregular because there are a lot of swim lessons.) On the northern edge of the park is a very large wooden climbing structure with slides, swings, musical pipes, and other assorted fun stuff. We had a hard time pulling our daughter away when it was time to go back to the room. On the first night we were in town, there was a live band playing in the park as well.
We would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Sometimes, I travel towing a trailer. I made a reservation at this hotel assuming I could park there with the trailer overnight. I had tried to verify that assumption using Google Maps satellite view, but because of errors in the Google mapping I couldn't see that the hotel had a very small parking lot.

When I approached the desk, I explained my parking requirements. The receptionist was absolutely unable to address my concerns. They said that, if the lot filled up, i would have to move my trailer. They didn't offer any alternative for parking, and couldn't explain where I'd park if the lot was full, but I was asked to move.

Further, they suggested I park at an adjacent gas station or restaurant, but didn't know the parking policies at those locations. Their insistence that I park there, despite knowing the applicable policies, was indicative of their dismissive attitude towards my problem.

The rooms are a bit less presentable than average. The "suites" have a sink in the living area, a large bed, a small partition, and then a sitting area; they don't feature separate rooms. Perhaps more importantly, this means the shower and the bathroom are very small, without an adjacent sink. Given this floor plan, the suite room is absolutely not worth the price.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank MikeBlas
Reviewed July 1, 2010

As BWs go, the Chehalis Park Place is near the top of the list - new, well-maintained, all the mod cons.

And there is the usual hot breakfast.

BUT . . . NO EGGS!

Even the BW in Kennewick, much inferior to the Chehalis BW [old building, murky pool, funny smells in the room] had scrambled eggs. And real scrambled eggs too, not those horrible things made of yellow styrofoam.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chehalis
Holiday Inn Express Suites Chehalis - Centralia
#3 of 10 in Centralia
Relax Inn
Relax Inn
#3 of 4 in Chehalis

Been to Best Western Plus Park Place Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!