“Average food - average service”

Kit Carson Family Dinner
Ranked #6 of 58 Restaurants in Chehalis
Cuisines: American
Washington
“Average food - average service”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Kit Carson has changed ownership a few times and each time we really hope that the food will get to be top-notch. Each time we are left with just average food. Nothing to write home about but on the other hand, nothing to complain about either.

Visited November 2012

Chehalis, Washington, United States
“Never again!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant many times in the past under different owners. It changes owners a lot, but has always been pretty good. This time the staff was very nice and friendly as usual, but the food was completely disgusting. I ate maybe a 10th of my chicken cordon bleu, mashed potatoes and green beans. My husband ordered a breakfast and never did get all of it. We were sat near the kitchen and kept hearing the waitresses ask, "What is this?" I don't know if they couldn't tell what it was because it all looked so awful or if none of it was what was ordered. We will never waste our money there again.

1 Thank Nancy K
Pocatello
“Good Food, Good Service, Great Value”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My wife and I stopped for the night at a hotel just up the street from Kit Carson and decided to give it a try. My cobb salad was truly magnificent: the fixings were fresh; the portions quite generous. The homemade bread that comes with it is quite a delight. My wife's french dip was equally tasty consisting of lots of meat, the homemade bread that has come to be synonymous with eating at Kit Carson, and a very good au jus for dipping. Service was fast and friendly. The coffee was hot and tasty. We will eat here again.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank redd_wynge
Troutdale, Oregon
“Kit Carson deserves a 5+ for sandwiches on home made bread.”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stopped in-between the Portland area and Tacoma at this Chahalis restaurant for lunch.

We were greeted by a very sweet, cheerful gal named Teresa who said hello to us immediately, sat us and brought our drinks within 5 minutes.

Mom and Sis split tuna melt with a huge platter of fries set in the middle of the table for us all to share. They were nicely crisp but not hard. My egg salad sandwich was wonderful and tasted just like it did in the old days, (which was a wonderful treat!) The homemade bread pushed all sanswiches over the top in taste.

I would suggest this establishment to anyone living nearby or anyone driving the Seattle/Portland drive. We were impressed by the cleanliness and friendliness of everyone here.

Mrs O