“A bit pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Spiffy's

Spiffy's
Ranked #10 of 58 Restaurants in Chehalis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boise
“A bit pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stopped here for a late breakfast on our trip. The menu prices were quite high. They offered a buffet for $12.99 which again is pretty high for a buffet. We went with the buffet so the kids could have what they wanted. The food was good - not great.

• Visited July 2013

Tacoma, Washington
“Stop for Breakfast Buffet on Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

The nice thing about Spiffy's is you can get the all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet on the weekend or you can order off the menu. The staff is just as happy with whatever choice you make and the food is great whether it is delivered to your table or you stroll around the buffet table and pick out all your favorites. It is perfect if you are on a special high carb or high fiber or high protein kick, as there are plenty of choices and you don't have to explain why you want all eggs and no toast or all pancakes with plenty of hot syrup. The buffet is situated in front of the salad bar and you can walk down both sides, this is particularly helpful if you are visiting with children as everyone can see (and hear) each other, which makes making choices fast and easy. The biscuits are tasty and manageable, not the gigantic bricks found in most eateries (you can have more if you want them) the scrambled eggs are firm and not runny, the link sausage is savory and plump, there is lots of bacon (unless I get there first...) and the home fried potatoes are crisp on the outside, fluffy on the inside. Try the mini pastries, always nice with the endless hot coffee, served by the pot on your table, drink as fast or as slow as you like. We stop by whenever we are heading south on I-5 on a Sunday morning and, in ten years, have only ever been disappointed when some other baconator gets there first. If you think you might get hungry later (as you waddle past the counter on your way back to your car) pick up some killer brownies or a pie or a loaf of the home-baked bread used every day at Spiffy's. Yummmmmmm!

• Visited June 2013
Camas
“Deep Fried Chicken cordon bleu”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

3 of us went there this evening (june1) for dinner....first timers.......looks and acts like a Shari's but worse. Salad bar was good - fresh veggies. 2 of us ordered the Chicken cordon bleu - a breaded chicken breast which looked deep fried. 1/4 inch thick hard crust of over used oil with a powdered cheese sauce (with no tasted) poured over the top. the mixed veggies were overcooked and drenched in a butter sauce.
the baked potato was good and the breads were good.
stomach has been hurting since we left there - and not in the good food stuffed feeling.
If you are brave enough to eat there, don't order the chicken cordon bleu.....waste of $18 and you'll spend the rest of the evening drinking Pepto.

we would have bought some of those good looking cinnamon rolls until we watched the waitress unloading the pie case without gloves.....then rang up our ticket with pie topping still on her finger tips.......obviously, management doesn't teach health laws either.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank CamasGary
seattle
“Initially shocked at price, felt better after getting food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

This place has been here so long I was too young to remember eating here last time. And I'm almost 40. As I'm making frequent trips past here, decided it was time to try it out instead of driving past. Something about a non-chain restaurant appeals to me.

As another reviewer stated, the $17+ fish and chip price made me choke a bit. So to keep myself in budget (around $10), I had the "Norwegian", a sandwich on home made bread loaded with all sorts of yummy sliced meats. My fellow traveler had the turkey melt as I recall it being.

The potato salad I had was excellent. Really enjoyed it. The salad my fellow traveler had was very crisp and almost no hint of rust, leading me to believe they took care in making sure everything was fresh.

Normally I'm a bit disappointed having to order a sandwich, expecting to go home a bit hungry. Not this time. I had a hard time finishing half my sandwich and half of the turkey melt, let alone the potatoes and potato salad. Topped it off with EXCELLENT bread pudding. Took that to go, and almost accidentally ate the whole thing at one sitting without noticing how fast it was going in my mouth.

I would be interested to see what kind of portions you get of fish at $17. Even if the portions are not huge, I would not be surprised if they were good quality. As anyone who has looked at the meat in a store, good cuts of any type of meat are not cheap. And would explain the pricing.

The employees were all very friendly, and the interior was MUCH larger then I expected. It appears to me that everyone there cares about the overall experience, and it shows.

If I'm in the mood for a good sandwich or dessert, I will definitely head back. Other more pricey items? Might be a bit hard to buy off on, but again, I'd also expect really good quality.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank d0rian
Washington
“Fair to middling”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Not bad food, not great food but a decent stop on along the I-5 corridor that's always open. Service and staff have always been good and the establishment clean while at times a bit quirky. The fresh bakery goods and pies are all good so far as we have tested on a number of occasions.

• Visited October 2012