Main reason to stay here was the close proximity to Mount St Helens and the BNSF Freight Train Mainline. I am a avid railfan - and after reading other reviews on tripadvisor, I chose this property to stay at. Arrived late from SEA-TAC airport, Checked in - and recieved the exact room I wanted - Top floor facing the Railroad, Window did open so you could hear the train at night, But it wasn't very loud. If you look on a map there is 2 set's of tracks near the hotel, the one that is closest is a storage track for unused freight cars, the farther one is the BNSF Mainline. You can see the BNSF & Amtrak trains going North and South from Seattle to Portland, but as far as noise level - It's more relaxing than bothersome... Hotel is a fairly new property, everything was in good working order and in good shape. Indoor Pool & Hot Tub was very relaxing as well. Breakfast area was kept full and clean. Parking lot well lit, and property is maintained... Easy access off the interstate, and highway noise is not a issue.
Only issue I had is that I checked into the Hotel around 2am. Got up in the morning, never recieved my newspaper as I am a member of their priority club. Left the room in the morning only to return to a hotel room that recieved no housekeeping service. Bed was not made, towels were not changed out. Placed a call to the front desk to complain, and was directed to come downstairs and retrieve my own set of sheets as the housekeeping staff took up for the day. Made a formal complaint with the housekeeping staff with the front desk To my suprise the hotel manager was at the property, took my sheets and took care of the towels and sheets himself. In my many years staying at hotels all over the US, this was the 1st time I saw the Hotel Manager step up to the plate and take care of the situation at hand. He adjusted my room price and assured me he would speak to the housekeeping staff. Made a average stay back to great stay.
Thanks again to the Manager - Todd, Also the Front Desk worker Frank when I checked in both were very friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a new Chehalis/Centralia, Washington hotel! The new Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chehalis/Centralia conveniently located near downtown Chehalis and halfway between Seattle & Portland. Leisure travelers can enjoy a comfortable stay at our Chehalis/Centralia hotel which is minutes from restaurants, shopping & local attractions. Centralia Factory Outlets, Mount St. Helens, Lewis County Historical Museum are all near our hotel in Chehalis & are great for family outings. Adults can spend an evening at the Lucky Eagle Casino or watch the races at South Sound Speedway. With convenient access to Weyerhaeuser Company Research Center, Michael s Distribution Center, Providence Centralia Hospital & Sierra Pacific, our hotel is ideal for business travelers who plan to attend meetings in the area. A 24-hour business center & free high-speed Internet access throughout the hotel, will help you stay connected as you do business on the road. During your stay at our Chehalis/Centralia hotel, take time to enjoy the fabulous amenities. You can relax in the heated, indoor pool & whirlpool or work-out in the fitness center. Every morning, a free Express Start hot breakfast bar is available in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Suites Chehalis - Centralia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Suites Chehalis Hotel Chehalis
- Holiday Inn Express Chehalis