“Middle of the road.”

Holiday Inn Express Suites Chehalis - Centralia
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Chehalis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I did not expect a lot, nor was I disappointed, in this hotel along the freeway. On a trip with my sister to visit our aunt and uncle, we just needed a place to stay. It was a clean...although there was a hair on the toilet (I know, picky, picky, picky)...place to stay. The hair grossed me out, but got over it as we were in the room for very little actual time.

The WiFi SUCKED and I finally used the hot spot on my phone to connect to the internet. My sister gave up and used my hot spot to connect her laptop. The WiFi just did not stay connected for more than 30-45 seconds at a time.

We were not able to try breakfast, although I know when they started setting up...Breakfast was served in the area next to our room. It was EARLY when I woke up to noisy serving pieces clanked together. Have a bit of consideration for the guests.

Not likely I will stay here again. For one reason, they do not allow dogs and 90% of the time I travel with one of my Standard Poodles. The second reason, it was too expensive to be middle of the road.

Just my opinion, but was very disappointed, mostly due to the cost.

Room Tip: NOT next to the breakfast area on the first floor!!!!!!!!!!!!
1  Thank Sued1955
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Chehalis - Centralia, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Sued1955,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept our apologies for the overall dissatisfaction you have experienced during your stay. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Suites Chehalis - Centralia

Reviewed August 9, 2013

The location of this hotel is convenient for visiting the Johnston Ridge Observatory at MSH. The hotel is clean, the staff is friendly & helpful, but: (1) the place requires a substantial update; (2) the beds offered way too little support; and (3) the 'free' breakfast buffet was pitiful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Philip R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Chehalis - Centralia, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Dear Philip R,

We appreciate your review. We are certainly elated that you enjoyed our clean hotel and friendly staff service. Please accept my sincere apologies for the challenges you experienced with our property, beds and breakfast buffet. We appreciate your feedback and allowing us the opportunity to address these issues with our whole team. Thank you again for your review as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express of Chehalis-Centraila was just what I was expecting - a clean, comfortable place to stay. The suite was decent size, with small kitchenette area - small sink, fridge, and microwave. The bed was comfortable. The one room suite also had a couch, coffee table, chair with ottoman a dresser and a desk. Our only criticism was that there was too much furniture and it made the room seem a little cramped. If you needed to pull out the sofa bed, I don't know what you would do all of the furniture!

The bathroom had a spacious shower, but no bathtub, which was fine with us. The bathroom was nice and clean with a reasonable countertop area to put all of your toiletries.

There was some train noise, but it was reduced if you closed the window and the drapes. It didn't bother us too much, or keep us awake. They do provide earplugs if you want them.

The included breakfast was a little bit above average, and was kept clean and well-stocked by friendly, helpful attendants.

The location was convenient to take day trips to Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Ranier. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: If you prefer a bathtub, be sure to ask. Our suites had only a shower.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank glacial_erratic
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were visiting Mt. Rainier for the day and were heading to Mt. St. Helens the next day so we decided to stay here. Hotel is located off the Interstate, not much is off the exit, but an exit down there were resturants.

The staff was very friendly and very accommodating and gave us more towels when the bathroom was flooded from a member of the family taking a shower. The gym was very nice and the treadmill was awesome, I'm glad I was able to fit a workout into my vacation. Breakfast was standard. It was a nice place to stay and wasn't that expensive!

1  Thank Karri F
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Very friendly and helpful front desk staff. They were even wonderful with my great dane. We stayed here during a 4 day dog show. :)

Rooms & baths are clean. Beds are very comfy. We've stayed at HI Express locations all over the world and this one had the best soft beds and staff!!! Air conditioner helped block out the noise of the trains. Not that it was a loud AC, it just helped some. Any where you stay in these towns you will hear the trains. They do provide ear plugs, but I didn't use them.

Rooms have coffee maker, fridge & microwave.

Good breakfast, but wished they had less carb options (more fruit). Cereal was stale. They served pancakes, omelets, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits & gravy, toast, muffins, bagel, english muffins, coffee, milk & juice (not all on the same day).

Just an exit either way to good places to eat. Ramblin Jacks Rib Eye, Country Cousin & Kit Carson Family Diner.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ReneeFavoritePlaces
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was the third HIE that I stayed on this trip and it was just like the other 2, a great stay. Room was clean, had all the amenities we expected for the price. Continental breakfast was standard HIE fare, which means it has a good selection of cold and hot foods (wish they would bring back the waffle maker as the pancake maker is not as good). HIE is still my first choice of hotels when on the road.

1  Thank Pony1966
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Found this hotel on the way home from Victoria, so we just basically walked in and got a room. They had a no pets policy but apparently there was a dog show in the area and there were several large dogs in the hotel. This did not bother us since we are dog owners. The room was well appointed with a microwave and decent sized refrigerator. I would have liked to have slept with the window open but I decided there was a little too much noise from the freeway (I5). However this was not a major problem. Breakfast was included and it was okay. The sausages were a little salty but some people may like it that way. The staff was very nice and even offered us bottles of water for the road. I had never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express and was't expecting a lot based on some of my previous experiences with Holiday Inns. I was pleasantly surprised and will definitely consider this and other Expresses in the future.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BandBSanJose_CA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chehalis
Best Western Plus Park Place Inn & Suites
#6 of 11 in Centralia
Relax Inn
Relax Inn
#3 of 4 in Chehalis

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Chehalis - Centralia? Share your experiences!