“The best food ever!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Whitehorse, Yukon
“The best food ever!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I used to live near this restaurant and went at least once a month. Now that I live 2000 miles away, when I make a trip back home (near Centralia), I usually manage to fit in about three visits in three days. Fresh food, always delicious. I can't go to other Mexican restaurants anymore because it is just too disappointing. La Ta is the place.

• Visited August 2012

Vancouver, Washington
“Great lunch, service and food”
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Great lunch, service and food today when I drove through town and used Trip Advisor to find a local restaurant to try

“We liked it”
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We liked it. If you need chips, go elsewhere. Owner was there tonight and carefully told a family "we have no chips, we are not authentic to my part of Mexico."
They have marinated carrot wheels and salsa instead. Had a good tamale and chili relleno. Cute local cuisine. Saw no sign of any avacado, must not be authentic to their part of Mexico

Olympia Washington
“Been going here for over 10 years - always great!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

if you are looking for an american-mexican restaurant experience don't come here. This is a real mexican restaurant with fantastic food - (no chip basket here!) I love the carne asada and the pork dishes but everything here is yummy! great salsas, authentic hosts and food that keeps you coming back. Nothing fancy - more like being in a friend's kitchen. Highly recommend!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank mcmc1953
Centralia, Washington
“No lunch menu = high prices. Some home made items, others from concentrate.”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We arrived about prime time at Lunch, and were quickly seated at about the last table left in the place.
Decor is outstanding, as is the waitstaff (they checked on us from time to time to see how we were doing).
Our orders were taken quickly and efficiently, and the food arrived hot and in a timely manner.
I take off a few points, because my plate arrived with beans on it, and I was emphatic that it was not to have beans.
The wife noted that the tortillas were home made, while the Mole was made from a concentrate.
Her rice water was just right: We've had others in the area that were just too sweet.
Our biggest disappointment was that there was no lunch menu, so we had to order from the dinner menu. As a result, the price of the meal was high, and it certainly didn't provide enough value to induce us to come back. As an alternative, we'll gladly go to La Mexicana, where nearly everything is home made, and the value is excellent.

• Visited August 2012