“bad food, worse service”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Thai Lotus - CLOSED

Thai Lotus
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Centralia, Washington
“bad food, worse service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

everything about this place is horrible. I've been there twice and regretted it both times.

Visited December 2011

Everett, WA
“Good Food - Lousy Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

The food was good. No problem there, they can cook! But let's face it, running a restaurant is different than cooking, and they aren't great at the former.

Here, I'll take you through my visit start to finish...

Arrived, was seated in the first section (about 8 tables - The other section has about the same) No music, you can hear every conversation going on. I was in the back and could hear every word spoken at the front counter.

Menu says there's a 6 dollar charge for sharing meals. What? Everything comes family style. Strange.

Who I believe to be the cook took my order, asked if I wanted rice - No, I don't want rice.

The food takes a little while to come. It came with a pot of rice. I tell the waitress didn't order it, please take it back.

Food is good, ingredients are fresh! (Spicy scallops and Larb Gai) Never was visited by the staff again from here out. Not to see of I needed anything or to give me the bill.

A guy walks in for a pick up and they tell him it will be another 20 minutes - He says "It takes an hour to get food?" She tells him they busy.

One woman seated in the restaurant got her food and then told the waitress that she ordered number such and such but received something else. After overcoming the language barrier it turns out the menu number didn't match what the cook's menu said.

One table had leftovers and wanted a takeout container, they waited at the counter for a while to get one.

Now people are trying to leave (no checks are brought to the tables and there is no one manning the desk), so there is a line. I'm ready to go but figure I'll wait and observe the growing angst of the customers.

Trying to figger out what should be on the checks and what shouldn't be, etc... they finally get through the line and the place clears so I (the last person in the section) goes to the counter.

About this time a couple walks in and I notice that not one table has been cleared and cleaned since I walked in. I told the guy I'd wait while he cleaned a table for his customers. Which, for some reason, took over 4 minutes.

Anyway, good fresh food, but you might have to put up with some inconveniences while there.

I'll go back when I'm in the area for the food and to see if they get things figured out lol

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Hunt4life
Centralia, Washington
“Not a family friendly restaurant.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

My wife, 2 boys and I decided to have some Thai to celebrate her birthday. First thing we noticed from the menu was that there is a $6 charge to split a meal. My wife and I often split meals and especially since there were no kids items on the menu we intended to split their meal. The owner informed us that they do this to keep people from taking up seats if they aren't purchasing a meal but she would wave this for our boys. The meals were actually quite good. Make sure you eat it all, however, as they charged us $3 ($1.50 ea) for 2 take home containers for the leftovers without informing us of the charge.

• Visited December 2011
Portland, Oregon
“delightful restaurant with authentic cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

I've eaten here for many years now when I'm in town. The family does everything from ordering, serving, cooking. Their food is excellent and service pretty prompt. I totally enjoy going there and sometimes eat there twice in a weekend.

• Visited August 2011