“No good Chinese food.”

Shanghai Cafe
Ranked #60 of 87 Restaurants in Centralia
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We had just arrived in town and were looking for something to eat. We were famished and ready for a good meal. Sadly, this wasn’t the place we should have gone. We were also quite thirsty. We were seated and given tea but no water. I requested water and it came in a plastic mug that didn’t quite taste right.

The menu was confusing because the pages were loose in the folder and some of the pages were repeats. We also found some of the menu items they no longer have.

My husband ordered something spicy, he liked it but later he didn’t feel so good. And his order was mostly full of vegetables and not meat as he had hoped.

I had pork fried rice. I can’t eat anything breaded so it was the safest choice. Unfortunately my rice was bland and the pork tasted like it was left over from the day before and quite dry. I ate what I could, but ate little.

I can’t recommend eating here. But the place was busy so other people must like it.

Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Ordered take out during a visit. Staff was great. Location a bit odd, but I'm not from there. Food was great.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Shanghai Cafe is one of the oldest running businesses in Centralia, Washington. First opening in 1929, Shanghai has since changed its ownership only once. In 1991, Song and Young Ok purchased Shanghai Cafe and added their own unique recipies and warm friendly service. Shanghai Cafe prides itself on being a small family operated business. Shanghai believes fast and friendly service, fresh ingredients, and a family atomosphere are key in creating a great dining experience. The previous info gives the background on this small yet unique dining opportunity. My husband, boys and I have been eating at the Shanghai for over 20 years. Our boys grew up reading the placemats to look up what "animal" year they were born in. It is so nice to be treated like family. The food is delicious! Check out Family Style for three!

1  Thank mowogray
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Not good
If I do go again I would order Korean off menu as they seemed excited about that and if might be better food.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

From the look outside it looks like old
And crappy place but its actually
Quite good for a small place and yes
It is small once you get inside.

The food on the other hand was good
Just your average price Chinese food
I have to say they have the best mongolian beef in town so far.