“Dissapointed”
Review of Motel 6 East

Motel 6 East
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Centralia
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This was our second stay at this Hotel, last Spring stayed at the front of the facility, everything was great but heard a lot of road noise. So this time I called the Hotel directly and booked a room at the back and on the bottom. Which we got. We walked into the room at 5pm to a FRIGID room. The heat had been shut off and the previous 3 days the temperatures had been in the 30's - 40's. I immediately cranked the heat - 20 minutes later we couldn't even take our coats off. I finally called the front desk and asked if turning off the heat was their normal practice. She said yes, in the off season they don't want to heat empty rooms. I told her I understood that but since I had a reservation and requested a specific area of the hotel, couldn't they have went and turned the heat on? The reply, we could have but we don't assign rooms until people arrive. I can bring you extra blankets.
The room was still cold after 30 minutes. We finally left for an hour - ran an errand and then came back and the room was finally warm.
The sink had a 2-3" hole around where the overflow was supposed to be, looked absolutely disgusting. And then we go to walk down the sidewalk and come across a huge pile of dog poo.
The beds were comfortable, I found the pillows to thick.
No Ice Bucket
Fridge was so small I couldn't even fit the to go container from the restaurant in it.
They courtesly gave us $5 off for the night and cleaned up the poo.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter. The front borders on a main road.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Reviewed December 9, 2012

This was our first stay in this facility since it became a Travelodge property. The bed was very comfortable and the staff was very friendly. The king room was clean with the exception of the toilet bowl which had a nasty ring at water level. The real problem was the water supply and faucet. i don't know if the total problem was the faucet or actual water pressure, but it was very difficult to change from hot to cold on the faucet, and no matter where you put the handle it was a mere trickle.

The TV was of the 1990 vintage and the picture was poor quality.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

I tried to collect points etc on my road trip this year. This was the third Travelodge for me. Portland Or, Roseburg Or and this one in Centralia Wa. Very friendly staff & Continental Breakfast was adequate BUT I keep thinking it's because I have a little dog that I land at horrific places. This was one of them and OMG the room had such a horrible smell I wanted to ask who had died in there. I didn't. Instead I pulled out my Lysol spray & wipes. Sprayed EVERYTHING, wiped everything I thought I may have to touch took the dog for a walk for about 45 minutes & when I came back the Lysol seemed to have done the job. I travel alone & don't ever want to draw attention to myself especially with out of Province/State license plates.I said nothing--pulled back the dirty bedspread (blanket appeared clean) checked the sheets--they were fine. I used my own blankets took my sleeping meds & got the heck out of there as fast as I could in the morning. This Hotel has many rooms & as with the Portland one, seemed to have people 'living' there. How can they be in the Wyndham group & be such dreadful places? The Roseburg Travelodge was absolutely wonderful & I will write a review on that one but get this---the price was the same. Centralia was a dump. Live & learn. Don't stay there!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 30, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Centralia
Best Western Plus Park Place Inn & Suites
1 mi away
Peppermill Empress Inn
Peppermill Empress Inn
#3 of 10 in Centralia

Been to Motel 6 East? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 East

Address: 702 Harrison Ave, Centralia, WA 98531-2110 (Formerly Travelodge Centralia)
Location: United States > Washington > Centralia
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Centralia
Price Range: $59 - $78 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Motel 6 East 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Motel 6 East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Econo Lodge Centralia