“Great Stay!”

Travelodge Centralia
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Centralia
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Myself and my fiance drove from Seattle to visit some family. We stayed for 1 night, but it was not long enough! This place is beautiful! Clean, tidy, friendly, well priced and breakfast was wonderful! We will be back for sure hopefully not just for one night! Would of love to stay for a week. It was an awesome value for the money and I will definite be recommending this to my family and friends visiting.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Tim B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed August 13, 2011

My wife and I were recently on our way from Seattle to San Francisco and decided to stay here for the night before getting back on the road. Right when we walked in, the office clerk was very courteous. I asked them about another review I read on here regarding a hot water problem but no longer is that an issue here as we found out. As far as the rooms, it looked like pretty much everything was brand new - bed, bedding, furniture, carpet. The morning breakfast they offered was also great before we left the next morning. I would say that for a price that fits someone on a budget, this place was definitely the best bang for my buck.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Tim B
Reviewed July 17, 2011

My wife and I stayed here on the Saturday night of the Seattle to Portland bike ride, as Centralia is near the halfway point.

Check-in was fine, the staff seemed very pleasant. As all that I really wanted to do was to shower the accumulated dirt of 120 cycling miles from my body, I was looking forward to taking a shower. Upon turning the hot water valve in the bathroom sink, or the shower for that matter, all that I was treated to was a brown trickle. There was NO hot water at all!

I should talk about the room, as well. It was very obviously recently redone. The carpet and the linens were quite new, in fact the room smelled of new carpet.

My cold shower having invigorated my tired muscles and bones, we left the room to take a walk in the park that is just adjacent to the hotel. When we returned, we discovered that our key card did not work. I walked down to the front desk, and patiently waited five minutes for the clerk to finish checking in the party in front of me. As she finished up, she explained to me that I would have to wait another 5 minutes or so, since there was another check-in that showed up in front of me, but that couple was gracious enough to let me have the 10 seconds required to program another pair of cards.

I returned to the room--and nothing, still locked out. My wife walked down to the front desk, and returned with two additional new key cards; neither of these worked either. She returned to the front desk, and a site manager was sent to assist. He proceeded to clean the card reader and told us that everything seemed ok, and that it was ok that the light in the card lock only flashed every other time, or so. That said, we had no further issues with getting into our room the rest of our stay.

We tried the hot water again the next morning, and my wife decided to skip a shower rather than suffer under a cold stream at 6am.

The "cherry on top" of our Travelodge experience was as we were leaving the next morning, I dumped the balance of the complimentary coffee (nice touch, btw) out of the pot into the bathroom sink, and most of it ended up hitting the carpeted floor under the sink. We looked at each other, and laughed as we left the room.

In summary, the staff is fine, and friendly enough, but they are severely handicapped by a property that will need serious continued improvements in order to be anything more than a basic place to lay your head and take a freezing shower.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank hameggcheese
Travelodge45706, General Manager at Travelodge Centralia, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
We have no issue with hot water at this location. I understand some people have issues with the fact they are not familiar with different types of shower knobs. But this location has plenty of hot water.

Travelers are raving about these Centralia hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Centralia
Olympic Club Hotel & Theater
#6 of 11 in Centralia
Peppermill Empress Inn
Peppermill Empress Inn
#3 of 11 in Centralia

Been to Travelodge Centralia? Share your experiences!