“Bare Bones. Good if you're a trucker.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel 6 Centralia

Motel 6 Centralia
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Centralia
Texas
“Bare Bones. Good if you're a trucker.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2010

This is very bare bones. A room, two beds, a toilet, shower and that's about it. Only 1 bar of soap is provided, not even shampoo. The room was clean, but I never felt completely comfortable. The room was quite cheap, somewhat around the $35-40 range, so beggars can't be choosers. No free breakfast. I would not stay there again, but it's okay if you just need a place to sleep. Avoid the Denny's that's close-by, service was awful.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Nanaimo, B.C.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2010

Stayed there for just one night. Whenever I walk into a room at Motel 6, one of the first things I do, after spraying all the light switches, door knobs, toilet seat, etc. with Lysol, is to look up at the air vent. At Centralia, I looked up at the ceiling to find filth and cobwebs hanging from the vent. So I could rest assured that the heat wafting down to me from above was carrying that filth into my lungs right along with it.

The carpet was dirty too. But since the room was dimly lit (probably on purpose), that didn't really bother me much. The bedsheets had a few stray hairs, but you never know if those are from the dryer, or were left there by previous occupants. The sink also had hair in it, so it's hard to say. The bed mattress was like a cloth-covered freight crate, and about a foot too short. I'm just over 6', so my feet stuck out at the bottom just like in the cartoons. And the pillows were simply amazing. Two rough lumpy bags that appeared to contain a loose fill of No. 1 grade potatoes. They didn't feel much better under my head either.

Showers always suck at Motel 6, and this one was no exception. It has one of those tiny British phone booth types, with the shower nozzle coming out at you from the front, and a wrap around curtain. The water always hits you in the face no matter what you do. Which reminds of the sink again, where the water scarcely came out at all, and was very slow to heat up.

The maid came knocking at 9:30 the next moring. I guess I should have mentioned to the desk clerk when I checked in that I planned to sleep late. On the other hand, I didn't know that I was going to HAVE TO sleep in, until I spent the night tossing and turning on that miserable bed.

The price was only $36, plus tax. But judging from my experience, I think I was overcharged.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank garcalli

Travelers are raving about these Centralia hotels

Central Wa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2010

Since I just need somewhere to sleep, this place does the trick. If I want ammenities, like a coffee pot, microwave, a fridge or inside pool, I would pay more and stay somewhere else. The rooms are in need of renovation, but then the cost would go up. Wifi is only 2.99 more a night, which sometimes I use.
I prefer ground floor rooms on the southside of the building (northside of the building is where all the in/out traffic is. The housekeepers in the morning can be a bit loud, and have knocked on my door which woke me up. It would be nice to have some sort of maid service/do not disturb sign.
I bring my own towel, the ones provided are rough and small. There are soap bars provided, thats it. Like I stated at the beginning, just a place to sleep.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Moses Lake, WA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2009

We checked in at 4:30 am after a VERY LONG night of driving. I am 9 months pregnant and had wanted to be set on the first floor due to the stairs hurting so much. I had asked the Night Auditor Haus what he could do....he told me VERY rudely that I had the choice of the 2nd floor and not even close to the parking lot so that I could get to my vehicle if I needed to quickly.

The room was musty, and had an odd smell to it, the bed was very uncomfortable. For the price it wasn't worth staying there. I will be finding something MUCH better next time I have to go down there.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jrichtback
Ghent, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2009

This is one of the better Motel 6 locations I’ve stayed in. Clean, spacious room for a good price.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2009

Stayed here 1 night, arrived late and left early. Room was clean, bathroom was pretty spacious and clean. The shower worked, what more do you need?! Fine for a stopover on a long drive.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Lower Mainland BC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2008

We had requested a non-smoking room when booking and reminded the front desk at check-in, but were given a room that appeared to have just been vacated by a chain-smoker. We were not expecting much for $53.19 plus tax but did not want a room that is impregnated with smoke and smells like an ash-tray. Requested to be moved to a real non-smoking room but front desk shrugged their shoulders and said they coudn't. Had trouble getting to sleep because of the odour. Otherwise the room was much as expected.

Subsequently complained to the Motel 6 company, who, after a few weeks, mailed an envelope to our home address. However the letter inside was a form letter addressed to somone else in a different state. We wondered if our letter had been sent to the other person but since the content was obviously a standard response letter we could not be bothered to follow up with Motel 6.

Next time in Centralia we stayed in McMenamins (opposite the train station), where we had a nice clean smoke-free refurbished room (with no ensuite bathroom) in a historic hotel for noticeably less money than Motel 6. I would stay there again.

• Liked — If you are a smoker you may like this place better
  • Disliked — No smoke-free room available
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Centralia
Olympic Club Hotel & Theater
#3 of 11 in Centralia
Lakeview Inn Centralia
Lakeview Inn Centralia
#7 of 11 in Centralia

Been to Motel 6 Centralia? Share your experiences!