“Just a place to sleep”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Centralia
Central Wa
“Just a place to sleep”
Reviewed January 30, 2010

Since I just need somewhere to sleep, this place does the trick. If I want ammenities, like a coffee pot, microwave, a fridge or inside pool, I would pay more and stay somewhere else. The rooms are in need of renovation, but then the cost would go up. Wifi is only 2.99 more a night, which sometimes I use.
I prefer ground floor rooms on the southside of the building (northside of the building is where all the in/out traffic is. The housekeepers in the morning can be a bit loud, and have knocked on my door which woke me up. It would be nice to have some sort of maid service/do not disturb sign.
I bring my own towel, the ones provided are rough and small. There are soap bars provided, thats it. Like I stated at the beginning, just a place to sleep.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Moses Lake, WA
Reviewed August 22, 2009

We checked in at 4:30 am after a VERY LONG night of driving. I am 9 months pregnant and had wanted to be set on the first floor due to the stairs hurting so much. I had asked the Night Auditor Haus what he could do....he told me VERY rudely that I had the choice of the 2nd floor and not even close to the parking lot so that I could get to my vehicle if I needed to quickly.

The room was musty, and had an odd smell to it, the bed was very uncomfortable. For the price it wasn't worth staying there. I will be finding something MUCH better next time I have to go down there.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jrichtback

Travelers are raving about these Centralia hotels

Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed August 16, 2009

This is one of the better Motel 6 locations I’ve stayed in. Clean, spacious room for a good price.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Stayed here 1 night, arrived late and left early. Room was clean, bathroom was pretty spacious and clean. The shower worked, what more do you need?! Fine for a stopover on a long drive.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Lower Mainland BC
Reviewed August 26, 2008

We had requested a non-smoking room when booking and reminded the front desk at check-in, but were given a room that appeared to have just been vacated by a chain-smoker. We were not expecting much for $53.19 plus tax but did not want a room that is impregnated with smoke and smells like an ash-tray. Requested to be moved to a real non-smoking room but front desk shrugged their shoulders and said they coudn't. Had trouble getting to sleep because of the odour. Otherwise the room was much as expected.

Subsequently complained to the Motel 6 company, who, after a few weeks, mailed an envelope to our home address. However the letter inside was a form letter addressed to somone else in a different state. We wondered if our letter had been sent to the other person but since the content was obviously a standard response letter we could not be bothered to follow up with Motel 6.

Next time in Centralia we stayed in McMenamins (opposite the train station), where we had a nice clean smoke-free refurbished room (with no ensuite bathroom) in a historic hotel for noticeably less money than Motel 6. I would stay there again.

• Liked — If you are a smoker you may like this place better
  • Disliked — No smoke-free room available
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Austin, Texas
Reviewed January 28, 2008

I visit Centralia often and this is my hotel of choice. Mainly due to the price. Lowest rates in town! The staff is friendly! As for the rooms....typical Motel 6..clean, decent, no frills, and a place to sleep. My only 3 complaints are the beds are hard (like all motel 6s) and the rooms are cold when you enter them. The heaters take awhile to kick in. My last complaint is the towels, they are thin, small, and rough (again like all Motel 6s). They do offer an outdoor pool for summertime use. The location is a shopper's paradise as there are 2 outlet malls nearby (one within walking distance) There is a casino a couple exits down which the hotel offers dining coupons for (they did at the time). This is a very decent property at a wonderful price!

• Liked — price and friendly staff
  • Disliked — cold rooms
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank travelgalpdx
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed January 15, 2008

Stayed at the motel 12/21-12/23/07 then again 12/27-12/30/07. It is sure nothing fancy but was comfortable and the staff were very friendly, especially the manager! Luckily we had brought our own coffee maker as there were no amenities. Close to I5 but were not bothered by the traffic noise. We have stayed at numerous motels in Centralia and definitively will stay there next time. Got a room that was handicapped accessable and really liked the convenience, especially the shower. The mattress was comfortable (thanks to the recent remodel) so it must have been new. Only problem was all the noise on Saturday nights.

1 Thank IdahoDianne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Centralia
Olympic Club Hotel & Theater
#6 of 11 in Centralia
King Oscar Motel
King Oscar Motel
#4 of 11 in Centralia

Been to Motel 6 Centralia? Share your experiences!