“Great taste of Greek in a small town”
Review of Boccata

Ranked #6 of 87 Restaurants in Centralia
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a Medditerranean restaurant in the heart of historic downtown Centralia. We offer market style lunch 5 days a week and a fabulous sit down dinner menu 4 days a week. We feature live jazz piano on the first and third Friday of every month. We pride ourselves on serving authentic Mediterranean dishes using hand-selected meat, seafood and produce. Boccata offers a moderately priced wine list featuring some local wines as well as many from Italy, France, Spain, and select Mediterranean Islands.
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Nice to have something different for lunch instead of the typical grilled sandwich or salad with dressing. The Boccata offers fresh pitas with wonderful filling combinations. It's not for everyone, but I always enjoy eating there. It isn't a fancy atmosphere but service is quick and the food is wonderful.

1  Thank Margret S

Reviewed January 6, 2013

But went several times when I was in town. Love the french white wine and the service is nice. I like the chef there. I want to go back and eat from the dinner menu. Heard he is a fab chef.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

If you are looking for one of the sandwiches with HUGE meatball subs slathered in tomato sauce and cheese then this isn't the place for you
However, that doesn't mean disregard this place! Me and my boyfriend stopped for something different and we were not disappointed. I got the tuna and he got the meatball and they were both AMAZING! You could taste the different flavors, the oil and vinegars, the good Italian flavors. The bread was so good and fresh! Now, I don't know what Mediterranean normally taste like, first time for me, but I'm guessing this is close to authentic.
The price was fair. $5 for a med sandwich and $10 for a foot-long. However, be careful about drinks/soda. They are rather expensive, but hey, seems like all restaurants are.
The place itself was great. Decorated nicely. Lots of room. Good atmosphere!
Now, we came for lunch. Actually, it was our dinner but before 5PM is their sandwich lunch menu. I looked at there dinner menu and it looks awesome. Pricey! I think I will have to go back when I wanna splurge a little and make a night of it. I will definitely go back for their subs though!

1  Thank RzsPcs
Reviewed October 31, 2012

For many metro to metro travelers, the prudent strategy is to start with a full tank of gas, an empty bladder and a lead foot, to complete a non-stop vertical sprint across the WA state I5 spine. If another approach is desired or necessary, a good plan is a stop in Centralia and drive due east off I5 for 2 miles to Boccata for lunch or dinner. Housed in a mature building, it is a pleasant space to pass time. Airy high ceilings of pressed tin, tall suspended fans, period plaster, enameled bead board and box beams impart a feeling of informal composure. On my most recent visit, I had the dinner special, which was linguini topped with a sauce of Italian sausage, pork belly, marinara, sprinkled with Italian parsley and freshly grated Parmesan. A very good Greek salad and artisan bread were included, at a total price that made my Seattle conditioned wallet smile. The food is always very good and the service is gracious and very well informed. Stopping at Boccata enhances the journey north and south.

1  Thank agsmith50
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The food and wine were the only things about this place that seemed remotely Italian, but we had excellent pizza and a good pour of just fine, very well-priced house wine for our Saturday late lunch.

Both the friendly proprietor and his pleasant wife were in back a lot of the time, leaving no one to greet customers who straggled in from time to time, but being a deli style place with the menu on the board behind the counter, diners and take-out orderers had something to do until someone appeared.

Ordering pizza is decision intensive. You have to pick your sauce, your cheese, and your toppings, and there are plenty of them. This is not your "American pizza" place pizza; this is thin crust, true Italian style pizza, fresh and tasty.

There looked like a lot of other tasty options as well. We intend to go back and try some.