“Haven't been there for awhile”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Boccata

Boccata
Ranked #9 of 85 Restaurants in Centralia
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Description: We are a Medditerranean restaurant in the heart of historic downtown Centralia. We offer market style lunch 5 days a week and a fabulous sit down dinner menu 4 days a week. We feature live jazz piano on the first and third Friday of every month. We pride ourselves on serving authentic Mediterranean dishes using hand-selected meat, seafood and produce. Boccata offers a moderately priced wine list featuring some local wines as well as many from Italy, France, Spain, and select Mediterranean Islands.
Bend, Oregon
“Haven't been there for awhile”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

But went several times when I was in town. Love the french white wine and the service is nice. I like the chef there. I want to go back and eat from the dinner menu. Heard he is a fab chef.

Visited December 2012

Silver Creek, Washington
“Best place for something a little different”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

If you are looking for one of the sandwiches with HUGE meatball subs slathered in tomato sauce and cheese then this isn't the place for you
However, that doesn't mean disregard this place! Me and my boyfriend stopped for something different and we were not disappointed. I got the tuna and he got the meatball and they were both AMAZING! You could taste the different flavors, the oil and vinegars, the good Italian flavors. The bread was so good and fresh! Now, I don't know what Mediterranean normally taste like, first time for me, but I'm guessing this is close to authentic.
The price was fair. $5 for a med sandwich and $10 for a foot-long. However, be careful about drinks/soda. They are rather expensive, but hey, seems like all restaurants are.
The place itself was great. Decorated nicely. Lots of room. Good atmosphere!
Now, we came for lunch. Actually, it was our dinner but before 5PM is their sandwich lunch menu. I looked at there dinner menu and it looks awesome. Pricey! I think I will have to go back when I wanna splurge a little and make a night of it. I will definitely go back for their subs though!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank RzsPcs
Sarasota, Florida
“A safe harbor oasis off the stormy I5 middle passage”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

For many metro to metro travelers, the prudent strategy is to start with a full tank of gas, an empty bladder and a lead foot, to complete a non-stop vertical sprint across the WA state I5 spine. If another approach is desired or necessary, a good plan is a stop in Centralia and drive due east off I5 for 2 miles to Boccata for lunch or dinner. Housed in a mature building, it is a pleasant space to pass time. Airy high ceilings of pressed tin, tall suspended fans, period plaster, enameled bead board and box beams impart a feeling of informal composure. On my most recent visit, I had the dinner special, which was linguini topped with a sauce of Italian sausage, pork belly, marinara, sprinkled with Italian parsley and freshly grated Parmesan. A very good Greek salad and artisan bread were included, at a total price that made my Seattle conditioned wallet smile. The food is always very good and the service is gracious and very well informed. Stopping at Boccata enhances the journey north and south.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank agsmith50
Olympia, Washington
“Great lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

The food and wine were the only things about this place that seemed remotely Italian, but we had excellent pizza and a good pour of just fine, very well-priced house wine for our Saturday late lunch.

Both the friendly proprietor and his pleasant wife were in back a lot of the time, leaving no one to greet customers who straggled in from time to time, but being a deli style place with the menu on the board behind the counter, diners and take-out orderers had something to do until someone appeared.

Ordering pizza is decision intensive. You have to pick your sauce, your cheese, and your toppings, and there are plenty of them. This is not your "American pizza" place pizza; this is thin crust, true Italian style pizza, fresh and tasty.

There looked like a lot of other tasty options as well. We intend to go back and try some.

• Visited September 2012
Toledo, Washington
“Best Restaurant in Centralia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

I can't say enough good things about it. Darrin Harris is a wonderful chef, takes pride in all that he does and is a great Host also. I love the way he comes out and introduces himself and asks how things are tasting. He really wants to know and he will stand and visit for some time with you. His server Jason is my very favorite server, and both of them know what I am going to order as soon as I walk in- I have a Balsamic Mushroom fetish!
I have tried several dishes and can honestly say that I have never been disappointed. I know, however, if I ordered something that I had never tried, if I didn't like it, they would replace it with something that I would. Jason has even told me one time that one of the dishes that I was going to order, but I ''wasn't sure if I would like the sauce'', that I might want to try something else, since it was a strong flavor. I took a bite of my husband's (he ordered the meal that I was questioning) and he was totally correct! I didn't like the flavor, but my husband loved it. I did, however, love the wild salmon that Jason recommended.
I would, and have, recommended this place to several people and they also love it. You will not be disappointed!

Visited July 2012