“Best place to stop before shopping in the outlet stores”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Country Cousin

Country Cousin
Ranked #4 of 85 Restaurants in Centralia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Glide, Oregon
“Best place to stop before shopping in the outlet stores”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

This place is always very busy at breakfast or at lunch time, but we love to stop here anyway. We have found it quieter to eat lunch in the bar and we like the atmosphere as obviously so many other people must. They have a large menu selection, good food and prompt service for as busy as they are. They also have a little gift shop up front that is fun to browse. We keep coming back and that has been over 20 years..

• Visited December 2013

Brush Prairie, Washington
“Don't let the cuteness of the outside of the building fool you.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We thought we would give this restaurant a try on our way home from Seattle to Vancouver. Aside from the cute outside of the building that is about all you get. We were immediately greeted and sat, we had two adults and four kids. The waitress who took our drink order was impatient, rude, and not understanding that kids take just a little more time to order drinks. Since the kids didn't have their drink order immediately ready the lady said "I'll just bring them water they can choose something later." When you're working with the public....serving....you have to adapt the whole complete patience idea you can constantly be impatient and rude. After that the service just got worst! Oh and they forgot to bring the correct drinks. The other gal who brought out our food was rude, impatient, and I swear asking for ranch I must of asked her to jump thru fire. Overall, the experience was terrible and not worth the $50 bill....we would of much rather went thru a drive-thru.i would have to say there are adults who don't care and teenagers who don't care working there. It's simple, your job is to make sure you are always providing excellent customer service and you failed Country Cousin....!

1 Thank MarissaHeeter
Sacramento, California
“It's Judy's Fault”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

This was the worst place I have ever eaten. I should have known when I walked through the door and heard a rooster crowing.

My mother, teenage son and I were traveling from Seattle to Portland and decided to stop at Judy's Country Kitchen in Centralia after reading the Trip Advisor reviews. Unfortunately, we arrived 15 minutes too late. We ended up heading back to the highway and decided to stop at the Country Cousin because there were numerous cars in the parking lot. What a mistake this was.

After walking through the restaurant and seeing canned green beans on other customer's tables, I grew anxious. I love fresh food, and hate canned food. I decided to order a grilled cheese because how can you go wrong with grilled cheese. It was gross - the cheese was rubbery and the fries were cold. My son decided on the meat loaf dinner - he's more adventurous than I am. Well - I think he has learned a lesson. The dish came with canned green beans, mashed potatoes (he believes they were potato buds) and something that looked like formed cat food with this orange/red gravy. Honestly, I'm not sure what the meat loaf was made of, but it did not resemble any kind of meat that I have seen in a restaurant. My poor son took a couple bites of the meat loaf and then put his fork down. Later he ended up getting sick. Not sure if it was because the meal was bad or because he was grossed out and worried it was bad.

The server was ok, not overly friendly, but not totally terrible.

I am not sure who is writing the reviews for this restaurant - I know I am picky about the freshness of my food, but there were no redeeming qualities about anything in this restaurant. I can't imagine having a meal this terrible in any country setting. Yuck!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank CMarvinGallo
Bremerton
“One pretty good meal, one so-so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

My brother's best friend said he never had a bad meal here so I was anxious to give it a try. I tried the yak burger especially because it was higher protein and leaner than a standard burger. It was okay but a little dry. My friend thought her pinkeye was blah. Service was in the slow side as well.

Centralia, Washington
“Plan on visiting my Country Cousin often!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

New to the Centralia area, we were in search one weekend to find some new local favorite food places. We spotted Country Cousin just as we were hearing our stomachs growl over the sound of the engine! So we pulled in and parked. And we started smiling before we even entered the building.

We first spotted the old tractor, then the adorable chicken coop (with a live hen and rooster!) and as we continued to walk to the door we also saw a little photo area, with a painted "Ma and Pa" style cutout that you can stand behind and your faces show (what are those called?). It was so cute! (If we weren't so hungry, we might have stopped for a picture LOL)

Inside it was pretty much what the outside had prepared us for…a very cute, charmingly cluttered country/farm decor. It was also busy with some fantastic smelling food being delivered. We were greeted immediately and led to a booth by a window. Our waitress was very nice and helpful. She was obviously quite busy but didn't make us feel rushed at all.

We ordered the mushroom burger and the pot roast sandwich, along with two iced coffees. Wow! Both meals are absolute WINNERS. So much flavor. Nothing was dry, everything was very satisfying. And the fries were awesome!

The pot roast in my sandwich was perfectly moist and juicy, and tender, just right! The sandwich had a horseradish sauce on it, and not too much, just a bit, and it was exactly the right amount. The mushroom burger was roll-your-eyes delish, with tomato and plenty of burger goodness. We topped it off by splitting their Strawberry Shortcake, and again, Wow! The shortcake was a wonderful old-fashioned biscuit that beautifully balanced the sweet, fresh strawberries and the pile of whipped cream.

We've found a new local favorite, and will be dropping in on our new found cousin many, many, many more times!

• Visited July 2014