“Do it for the kids”

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Do it for the kids”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We took my son and a friend here for a surprise 12th birthday. They would give it 5 stars for sure. My wife and I, not being big fans of indoor, crowded, overpriced waterparks, were resigned to spending a lot of money and suffering through the weekend. We survived, and even had a pretty good weekend, by following a few tips from friends. 1) Bring your own beer (even if you don't drink, you might by the end of the weekend). 2) Go offsite to eat (although the meal we had there wasn't bad, it was overpriced - there are several nearby family restaurants that would love your business. 3) Give your kids a budget for the extras - games, snacks, gifts - and let them make the choices. We earned major cool parents bonus point from this trip, that we will cash in next time we drag him to a museum.

Visited April 2012

Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The kids LOVED it!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I went with my son, 11, and daughter, 5 and stayed for 3 days. As soon as we walked in, we knew this was going to be a great time. A hotel/resort designed just for kids/families was such a great experience. I was happy that I didn't have to drive anywhere in order to keep them entertained. We got the pawpass which is a great deal and used the online check in/check out to save lots of time! We did a little bit of everything, every day for 3 days, so it seemed to go by quickly. Although the waterslides are short and not that scary, they seemed to enjoy it anyway. The food is standard, the breakfast buffet was better. Magic Quest was fun, we got hooked and had to finish it. Now we look forward to keeping our wands and continuing adventures, if (probably) we come down again for one of their special occassions or on a long weekend. Starbucks for mommy makes the win!

This was a good easy trip to do, if you want to stay away from the larger crwods and just stay in 1 place for a couple nights.

Visited August 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Be Ready for Action!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Think you're gonna' wear out your kids? Think again! I went with a 5 & 6 year-old and before we even got inside the hotel to check in, I knew I was in for it! As we were getting out of the car, a family was coming out. The dad was carrying a boy under his arm, who was screaming and crying about not wanting to leave. How he managed to stay so calm was beyond me. All he said was, "it's time to leave now." Enter the hotel lobby and be transported to a place where there is a method to the madness. Talk about kid friendly! And, just try to keep the 4 & 5 year olds from immediately running to the wall/window which views the water park. My favorite part: the giant bucket which tips out 1000 gallons of water to all below when it gets full. What a blast to stand and view a wall of water coming at you! I had to run around and gather up the kids and drag them over to stand with me, because I knew they'd love it! The wave pool was pretty awesome too. Definitely worth the trip. Regarding safety, the water park staff was attentive and on the ball without being a party pooper to the fun. I enjoyed watching the staff be on the lookout for the baby dummy which got dropped into the various pools. Apparently, this test is to keep the staff on their toes throughout the day. The rooms were typical, what you'd expect anyway. And they were clean. Our room had a small fridge, microwave, and coffee maker, which is a great way to cut food costs. I loved all of the activity throughout the hotel. At any given time there were kids of all ages in swimsuits, pajamas, etc., wandering around holding magic wands which activated fun devices all thru the lobby (the bearskin on the wall cracked me up). A scavenger type game is also available for a little extra if you want to do that. There's a video arcade if that's you're style and an arts and crafts room with different projects. These activities cost extra of course. Fine dining? Nope, but it's ok. Order a kid meal and get free wolf ears and a tail. After a full day of water park, dinner and then a bath, we went downstairs to the lobby for storytime with animated Wolf Lodge characters. My 5-year-old, who is normally shy, actually went up to another little girl to ask her where she got her stuffed "Violet." (a stuffed girl wolf) That's how I know she really, really wanted one. Guess what! There's a "Build a Wolf Workshop!! You guessed it, my kid got one. All in all, a fun place to visit--a little spendy--but hey what isn't these days. Whether you want to spend quality time actually interacting with your child(ren) or just send them out to scavenge and splash, Great Wolf Lodge has it all. I'd go again.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Nisqually
Yakima, Washington
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Birthday Party for 12 year old girl”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

My daughter and 3 of her friends went to Great Wolf Lodge to celebrate her 12th birthday. Paid a little extra for late check out and to stay in a larger suite. Well worth the money. Our suite had a fridge and a microwave which really helped with two girls with dietary needs: (1 diabetic and 1 gluten intolerant.)
Loved the water park! If I went again, I would try to get there earlier the first day or stay two days. Almost too many activities for just an overnight but made for a really fun and busy time for 4 tween girls!

Visited July 2012
Vancouver
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fun for the kids”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Just got back from GWL. Our 12 and 13 year olds had a blast: kept each other busy so we could relax!!! The slides are fun and fairly tame: just beware of the long lineups for the Tornado. Go right at 9 AM to get onto this slide quickly. The other line-ups moved quickly, even at peak times.

Food is very mediocre in the actual park. The restaurant downstairs has the best selection and is reasonably-priced (especially if you book the buffet breakfast package).

Tip: Wi-fi doesn't work in the waterpark and is quite slow in the rooms. It's fine in the lobby.

Visited July 2012