“fire alarms all night”
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Centralia
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Went to check in at 11am. I knew we were early and was told we will call your cell as soon as your room is ready. Went and asked around 130 and was told, oh ya, its been ready for a while now. Never got a call. Fire alarm went off 3 times during the night. One was at mid night. Called front desk to see if it was a major emergency and we were told eveyrthing is ok, go ahead and stay in your room. That alarm last about 10 mins or so. Another went off about 1/2 hr later. That one lasted a couple minutes. We were awoken again at 630, alarm going off again. There are speakers in the room saying, please evacuate your room, we have detected an emergency. So I called again to the front desk and nobody answered. Tried 3 times, finally told my daughter to get dress and lets go for a walk to see whats going on. Never seen her so panic before. Everyone was in the lobby, nobody was evacuating the lodge at all. Then they told us all clear, you may go back to your rooms. Dont know if we are going back. Spent alot of money to go and never got an apology or anything for the inconveniences thaat we had. Still waiting to hear back from the great wolf lodge in ground mound and corporate. I want more then a 25% discount on my next visit. Think there was a lot of upset people there. The water park was fun though.

Room Tip: I wouldnt get a fancy room, your not in it much
1  Thank Heather13078
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you for visiting Great Wolf Lodge – Grand Mound! I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and for any frustration it may have caused. Safety is our number one priority and when fire alarms go of, we must take it seriously and treat each alarm as an actual emergency.

I hope you will utilize your 25% discount our team extended on a future visit and will stay with us again soon.

Great Wolf Guest Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (3,972)

Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Kind of a bizarro land. Kids absolutely love it. For some parents it's a bit of torture – the kind we willingly subject ourselves to on behalf of our children. A big shout out to the housekeeping manager, Zack, who went above and beyond and out of his way to help find my lost drivers license.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Fauxnomen
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights, 3 days and it was a great time over all. The rooms are clean and quiet. The only problem I had was that there wasn't very much to eat for breakfast. Each room has a microwave, fridge and a table to eat at but bringing one's own food should have to be an option. We ate at the ice cream place both mornings but they only really have doughnuts there. There is a buffet style place to eat but it's expensive.

The water park was awesome! clean and very well equipped. Lots of slide levels from a kitty-pool to 2 great big slides. Lifeguards are great, very attentive and knowledgeable.

Magic Quest seems like a fun game but if you don't feel your child is old enough you can still purchase a wand and they can point it at the stuff and it will talk and light-up. My son is 6 and had a blast just doing that.

As for value for the money, it is expensive but it is a very nice, fun place to visit. Everything is extra but you can have your wristband connected to your credit card for easier spending. That way you can leave your wallet in your room and not worry.

Room Tip: There are Magic Quest objects on every floor and in the stairwells up till floor 5. So if you are l...
1  Thank Witzel L
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I had high expectations for this trip and unfortunately, the GWL did not meet them. It was way too crowded and the staff just didn't handle that well at all, nor did the facilities.

- Check in line was way too long
- Cabana check in was terrible
- Food service was slow
- Park lines were way too long
- Wolf den bunk beds were very uncomfortable
- Pull out couch bed was very uncomfortable
- Housekeeping staff was unresponsive. Took 3 calls to get a bed rail delivered.
- No food service at cabana
- Park lines were too long. Took 20 minutes to ride a slide.
- Bins with towels in the park would empty out and not be replenished by staff
- Elevators didn't function properly. Took 10 minutes to get an elevator.

I don't think we will come back based on all of the above.

2  Thank andrecs1
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Thank you for providing us with your feedback about your experience at Great Wolf Lodge – Grand Mound! I sincerely apologize for the stay you had and hope you will understand what you experienced is not customary for us. We are known for providing exceptional guest service and I am sorry we missed the mark for your family.

I will share your feedback with the lodge for them to review so we can find areas of improvement for future visits.

Thank you for choosing Great Wolf.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I recently spent two nights here with my daughter, my sister, my two nieces, nephew and my great niece. Overall we had a great time! We stayed in the kid camp suit and the kids loved it! All the children ranged in ages from 1 year to 19 years old. The water park as fantastic and there was something for everyone. The water slides were so much fun and my sister and I had a great time acting like kids with our kids. There are limited food options at the resort and what few there are are very expensive especially with seven people. There was a fridge and microwave in our room, and BBQ area available outdoors so we mostly fended for ourselves and it was fine.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ladywanderlust333
Reviewed March 27, 2014

There is lots of hype regarding the great wolf lodge. The concept of a resort dedicated to children is a great concept but unfortunately I believe they have created this business to gouge a family every way possible. At $400+ a night I would expect the facilities to be world class. The wave pool is smaller than our local community wave pool. The water slides are ok but not of the calibre you would find in a modern outdoor slide park. The food selection at a Costco concession is fine dining compared to what is available at the lodge. The other activities that are available to the guests remind me of a birthday party at the great escape. The highly touted MagiQuest is an exercise in frustration as the technology is kind of cheap and low budget. The staff that is employed are reasonable and attentive but not overly helpful. With all that being said my 3 kids enjoyed it thoroughly but for me the experience did not justify a $1000 for less than 24hrs. If money is no object and expectations are relatively low than this is the place for you and your family.

Room Tip: Try not to stay at the end of the hallway. Try to be close to the elevator and stay on lower levels...
1  Thank SawmillDad

Thank you for staying at Great Wolf Lodge – Grand Mound and sharing your experience with us! We welcome all guest feedback because it allows us to find areas of improvement we can focus on to enhance the overall guest experience for future visits.

If you are flexible with your dates in the future, you could find lower rates than if you stay during a peak period like March or Spring Break. An example of an off-peak time to visit would be in May, September and even early October.

I hope this information will help you when planning your next visit.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Overall our trip was good. I have to say what clouded the trip was the customer service within the restaurants. We went to both main restaurants and the service was terrible. Rude staff and the food is over priced for the quality. Inside the water park we had a different experience. It was very clean, the lifeguards did an excellent job of keeping everyone safe. There were activities for all ages to enjoy. We had a room on the second floor which was convenient to get into the water park. Check in was quick and our room was ready early.

Room Tip: Second floor is convenient for water park access or the arcade.
1  Thank Lora H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Centralia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia
Best Western Plus Park Place Inn & Suites
9 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Suites Chehalis - Centralia
Olympic Club Hotel & Theater
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Grand Mound Centralia
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Tumwater

Been to Great Wolf Lodge? Share your experiences!