Great Wolf Lodge
$67
Orbitz.com
$60
$58
Olympic Club Hotel & Theater(Centralia)(Great Value!)
$60
Hotels.com
$106
Travelocity
Motel 6 East(Centralia)
No availability for your dates from our partners
4,093 results
All reviewswave poolgrand moundlife guardswater park ismagic questdance partygreat family funindoor waterparkropes coursebunk bedsfamily suitemagiquest gamefamily vacationhowling tornadoburger claimroom keyfridge and microwave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I read other reviews after booking our stay. We stayed two nights February 11th and 12th so it was mid-week. As suggested by other reviewers, I requested a room away from the elevators and MagiQuest game stations. We got a room at the far end of the 3rd floor. It was perfect as we could walk down the stairs to access the pool on the 2nd floor and not have to wait for an elevator when it's busy. I want to thank the reviewer who wrote that the pillows were quite high. We brought a couple of our own, and I'm so glad we did, or I would've slept uncomfortably. The food was alright; we weren't disappointed. We ate at the restaurant (not the buffet) and also tried the takeout pizza place at the hotel. The restaurant was closed on Tuesday evening...not sure if they do this when the hotel isn't full? We didn't want to pay $20 per adult for the buffet so we ended up eating outside the hotel. The pools and slides were fun, and I agree with other people's reviews about the lifeguards. They were very alert and took their job seriously. I asked one lifeguard a question about one of the slides and he wouldn't even look away from the pool when he answered my question. I found the water in the pools a little bit cool but since the indoor air temperature is warm, it was tolerable. Since it was mid-week, we didn't have to wait more than 10 minutes to go on any of the slides. After our first pool visit, we went upstairs to shower but I found that the water pressure wasn't very strong in our room, and taking showers sequentially slowed us down. My suggestion to others is to bring your shampoo and use the showers by the pool. I could shower the girls at the same time this way. They have a soap dispenser in the shower and plenty of heated towels. The water pressure was much stronger and the temperature remained constant so both girls could get under the shower, unlike the shower in our room. They don't have family change rooms so I had to bring the girls to the shower with me and Dad couldn't help out to speed things. We attended story time one night and found it to be just okay. My toddler enjoyed the animated display but the young woman reading the story afterwards was barely audible even with her mic, and we were within a few feet of her. She read too quickly and she also could not read the story with the book facing the crowd; she had to read with the pages facing her and then she would quickly show the page to the audience and then turn the book back towards her. At the end of our stay, they slipped us a coupon for a discounted room rate to entice us to extend our stay. They also did this with my friends who went last year. I guess I could've taken a gamble and booked just one night and saved money with the coupon for the next night. Oh well... We have no regrets though we probably won't return until our toddler is old enough for the slides. Mom/Dad were pretty bored stuck in the kiddie pool for hours.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

The kids love it - the magicquest more than the actual waterpark itself. The drinks are delicious and adequately strong. Kids menu is reasonably priced at the restaurants, but everything else is exorbitant. They'll nickel and dime you to death there, especially because the kids will want (and beg for) everything they see. There is a burger joint near the gas station next door to the hotel that is well-priced and tasty (don't miss the delicious date shakes!)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cari E
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you for staying at Great Wolf Lodge – Grand Mound! I am happy to hear that your children enjoyed MagiQuest as well as the waterpark.

I appreciate your concerns regarding prices and since you last stayed we have implemented some new add-on packages that are a huge hit with our guests. To help make eating on site more affordable, we offer a Family Dining package as well as a Kids Dining package. Both save at least 30% off the regular retail price of the items included!

I hope you will return to see us again soon!

Jason
Great Wolf Guest Relations

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Amazing place to enjoy the water park when its 20 deg f outside. Well maintained place. Kids liked it everybit. Novelty store inside the hotel had some fancy toys for kids.

Value for what you get is very low. Very expensive for the amenities in the room. I wish to take my family more often if they would reduce their prices.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank RAD_VISW
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you for visiting Great Wolf Lodge – Grand Mound! I am glad that you and your family were able to enjoy the waterpark.

I understand that price is a major concern for our guests, and that is why we offer several different ways to save money while staying with us. Savings can begin before even making a reservation by signing up for our ePack. This allows guests to receive discounts directly to their inbox that they can use to make reservations.

The savings keep on rolling from there in the form of our bundled add-on packages. These packages include various activities and amenities at a discounted price!

The best news is you will receive exclusive repeat guest discounts to help make your return trip more affordable.

We hope to see your family again soon!

Jason
Great Wolf Guest Relations

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We only live an hour away from GWL, so this waterpark has become a favorite of our kiddos. We often visit to celebrate a birthday and they always have a great time (for reference, my kids are 8 and 11).

If you do your research, there will be no surprises. Yes, it's expensive. If you're military, they offer a discount, and often they put out some great Groupons. We always check their rate calendar before booking a room. The weekends are most expensive and also the busiest. We have found Sunday-Monday trips work best. (And are most cost efficient).

Our room was about $185, including tax, but take into consideration that this also includes water park passes for 4 people, for 2 days. This time we chose to upgrade at check-in ($35). If you are considering doing the upgrade, choose to upgrade when you make the reservation (there's a stand-by list, and the cost is only $25 versus $35). If it's a busy weekend, you may not get the upgrade. But mid-week reservations shouldn't be a problem.

Tips ~ If you're looking to cut costs, bring your own food or eat away from the lodge. Each suite has a refrigerator and fridge, so we brought snacks and breakfast items. For dinner, we went to a Mexican restaurant down the street. Centralia is only a few miles away ~ lots of cheap choices for dining. MagiQuest was fun for my kids the first time, but the costs do add up. We avoided it this time. If you are going to be a refillable slush or soda, do it when you first arrive! It was $7.95 for the slush (came in a cute GWL container), and when the kids were thirsty, they headed for a refill. Expensive yes, but we got so many refills, it was worth it.

We had a blast, but noticed some things are changing. The waterpark is showing some wear ~ rust here and there, wood showing through the paint, patched up tubes, signs with chunks out of them, etc. It's time for a little renovation, or at least some upkeep to make it shiny again. Regardless, we had a great time, and first timers wouldn't know the difference. If we could change anything, it would be the hot tub. It's tiny for the size of the resort.

Overall, another great trip and we'll probably be back.

Room Tip: As others have stated, stay in rooms away from the elevators in the middle of the resort. These are some noisy hallways, with lots of activity, day and night. Being at the far end of the building is further to walk, but much quieter.
2  Thank jennpearson
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Just came back today from Great Wolf Lodge. It was our first visit. We have twins that are 3 and a 5 year old. They had a blast there was plenty of stuff for them to do at the water park and my 5 year old was non stop on all the slides and tube rides with myself or my husband. The twins enjoyed the kiddie pools and playing in the water playground. The nightly store time kept them interested as well as the Magic Quest came (we had to get 3 wands at 15.99 a piece) but we opted out of the game as it was an extra 12.99 per child to play, but you can use the wands without the game and still work all the pieces around the property and the kids were so young it didn't matter to them. Food is over priced and we ended up eating at the Burger Claim in the parking lot (north of the lodge) It was super cheap to eat and great food plus you also get a 5% discount if you are staying at the lodge. We used a groupon and stayed in a family suite for two nights. The suite isn't a suite its a hotel room with a fancy name. lol But it did have a little fridge and a microwave. No kettle or utensils or cups/bowls so its technically not a suite in my opinion. We had 5 altogether in our room and it worked out fine. We will def. be going back again soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators as the magic quest game is all around there and kids will be running around all day till 10pm.
2  Thank whale_flower