“Halloween birthday surprise”
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Centralia
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed at the lodge for one night.
October is a slow slow month for Great Wolf lodge. Great time to go if you don't like crowds.
No lines for check in, check out, rides, food ,games or activities.
We have a 7 yr old and 11 yr old and it was a blast.
Our room was clean and nice. They really went all out on the lodge.
The staff was incredibly accommodating . I needed a safety pin for a costume and all the staff raced to find when. Despite other reviews we found the food to be amazingly good. My huband had the real deal Blue cheese Buffalo burger and I had the Pasta with mushrooms. Lots of flavor. Two thumbs up to the chef.
Sadly , the water parks Wave Pool was broken ,which really was a bummer because it is the only place for deep water swimming. And the frozen yogurt machine was broken.
The lodge has massive fireplace sitting area for the daily animatronic show and for guests to sit and hang out. Each sitting zone seats 6-8 people in oversized special made lodge style furniture. And a table in each area that has chess , checkers and other games to play by asking the front desk . Also , free wireless Internet at Great Wolf. Yes Free!
It's a great indoor park.
The Howln tornado is now named the Screamin machine by my family. We went on this ride over and over and over, and every time I screamed my head off and may have closed my eyes a many few times. It's awesome.
There could be a few more rides to make it perfect.
Oh and if you have kids and your a worry wort like me. You have nothing to worry about. This park has a life guard on every inch of the place. They never stop moving and never stop looking at the water. They rotate to a different zone every twenty to thirty min.
Great place to be , especially in the rainy season.

Room Tip: Wolf den wolf den wolf den. If you have kids. Or if you just want to sleep in a wolf den.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Please tell me that this entertainment venue is so popular they are unwilling to give a price per night so we could purchase a gift certificate as a gift. Spent 20 min. on the phone. Was routed to 5 people. Hard to understand them as the background noise level was so high. None of them could tell us how much 3 nights would cost so we could purchase the certificate. My husband was so frustrated he decided to do something else for a Christmas present for his granddaughter.Customer service was a big issue when this company was profiled on Undercover Bosses on TV. Nothing has changed....This was on the phone. Good luck if you want to use this Resort as a gift.

6  Thank misspiggy44
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have been about 6 times. The first couple times we had some issues but since the new manager (P Alvarez) took over its been great! The service is now totally welcoming and I find they take care of their repeat guests nicely. Their is nothing near Seattle or Portland that is this much fun for the kids. I do think bringing your own healthy snacks and eating in your rooms is not a bad idea for some of your meals, but having some meals out is fun. They could improve the cuisine by making it more simple (light panini sandwich, bento, light wraps). The wands are a blast! They need more inventory in the croc store but the gift store & wand stores are great! I wish the spa catered to my 3yr old. You can find frozen treats by the pool because it's nice and warm n the pool area. Try the story hour, my kids have been singing "rhythm of nature" for years. The pool staff is super nice & the kids seem really safely watched. I'll go again soon!

Room Tip: The front desk lines can be long, call and find out optimal times to check in and look for those gro...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Liz R
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was a family trip with a 5 year old and 7 year old. The kids were busy non-stop during our 2-night stay. Pretty amazing not to hear "I am bored" for that long of a time frame. Like other reviewers, it can be very expensive and I think they are masterful at placing "revenue-generators" every step of the way. We dealt with that by getting a room with a small fridge and microwave and we brought a electric grill so we could eat breakfasts and lunches in our room. We also limited the time they spent in the arcade each day and encouraged the kids to go to the waterpark. The common areas were kept exceptionally clean considering the sheer numbers of children running around. I saw staff even wiping down the outside of the trashcans. Our room was spotless and obviously well maintained when we arrived. I was surprised how quiet the rooms were considering the sheer amount of excited kids in the hallways.

Room Tip: We got a room with a fridge and microwave with was nice to have so we could bring our own snacks and...
1  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We got the Wolf Den for $419/night on a Saturday recently. Pretty expensive, but the kids loved it. They had bunk beds and their own tv.

Wireless internet was horrible. Slowest that I have ever seen in a hotel. Couldnt even use it.

Bar/Grill service was horrible and not even busy.

The raft carrier kept breaking down so they had to carry the rafts up the stairs which caused long lines. Slides are fun for kids and adults.

Couldnt get a massage due to no openings.

In general, the people staying there seemed to be really rude as were their kids. I havent seen that much white pasty cottage cheese in awhile. People, please cover your nasty overweight bodies up when out of the pool area...

Room Tip: 8th floor was nice and quiet.
1  Thank Carterzbr
Reviewed October 16, 2012

It was a great time with some awful moments. Arrived and was greeted by blasting music, someone shouting over a microphone, and Edward the least welcoming receptionist ever. It was almost enough to make one want to turn around and return to the safety and solace of ones car.

Fortunately we didn't and we had a blast in the water park. The rides turned a bunch of 55 year old men back into kids as we careened down the fantastic water plunges. The whole water park experience was a perfect 10.

The hotel food on the other hand was close to inedible. I ordered salmon the first night and it tasted like salmon jerky that had been baked in brine. Cheese steak was little better. The only winner on the menu seemed to be the sweet & sour stir fry.

The ice machine was about a half mile away from our room but the good news was that we were at the less kid infested end of the hotel.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter experience, select a room on the second floor at the north end of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Great family memories at great wolf lodge! Our 11 9 and 7 year old kids had a blast. Adults had fun too, and we jumped from the wave pool to the slides to the water basketball to the water fort to more slides. I then took a hour long nap while they did it all again.

Read the yelp/trip advisor reviews to help your vacation be a 4 or 5 star experience. Orherwise you might get a wee bit cranky. Avoid the food- bring your own/go to centralia/get takeout. Avoid sticker shock - buy on groupon or get a good promo price. And don't expect to have a table to eat lunch anywhere in the water park without reserving it first thing in the morning.

Next water park for our family will be one of those big ones, but this was good for their ages now, and on a cold nw day it is perfect to be on a warm indoor water park!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Centralia
Holiday Inn Express Suites Chehalis - Centralia
Olympic Club Hotel & Theater
Best Western Plus Park Place Inn & Suites
Lucky Eagle Casino & Hotel
Best Western Tumwater-Olympia Inn
Peppermill Empress Inn
Peppermill Empress Inn
#3 of 10 in Centralia

Been to Great Wolf Lodge? Share your experiences!