“GREAT value.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Castle Rock
Mt. St. Helens Motel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Castle Rock
Newington, Connecticut
“GREAT value.”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We chose this hotel for it’s location close to Mt. St. Helens, and were not disappointed. It was a clean, basic hotel room without lots of frills, but it was also priced accordingly. The front desk staff was very friendly, and check-in and check-out were both very quick. We were given a room key to a room where the guests had not checked out, but fortunately the guests were not in the room. We walked in and saw their clothes, toiletries, etc. and quickly backed out. The front desk quickly gave us another room. As other’s have mentioned, Parker’s restaurant is right across the parking lot, and it was delicious. Definitely check it out for a steak dinner and get Chris to serve you some drinks in the bar

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Vancouver BC
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We got into Castle Rock late at night and needed a place to stay. We were greeted with a friendly smile and provided with a large room. The motel was clean, well maintained and after 16 days of driving and umpteen motel stays, the second best sleep. Great value for money and the restaurant across the street ?Parkers? is a must, if you are hungry.

Room Tip: Choose a second floor room facing the back of the property
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Wendle65inBC
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed September 12, 2012

The Mt. St. Helens Motel was not full when I came in. I didn't make a reservation and when I walked in, I was offered a room on the first floor, to my request (so I will not have to carry my bags upstairs. They have no elevator). I believe the woman that greeted me is the owner. I saw her in the morning as well. The room was pretty big. The decor a bit dated, but that is not a problem for me. It was not noisy (though I heard cars from the road, which is not busy at night).
One thing that stroked me odd, but in a good way was that I was not asked to pay for the room at check in, and not to make a credit card hold or something like that. I enjoyed the trust invested in me. Didn't see it anywhere else in a long time.
The motel does not serve breakfast, though tea and coffee are available at the lobby.

The location is excellent for those who wish to visit the Mount Saint Hellens observatory. It is located on the route to the observatory (which is around 45 miles away from the motel).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank dhz_tlv
Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We had a lovely stay in this homey little motel. It was clean and friendly and well situated on the route to Mount St Hellens. Ellen gave us a lovely room with three queen beds , a barcalounger, a nice tv, and a refrigerator with a pumpkin pie in it! We enjoyed both nights we stayed here.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pam280
Jemez Pueblo, New Mexico
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stopped in here on our way to Mount St Helens. We were impressed with the friendlliness of the front office, and thought the room was very clean and a very good value. It's very modern and has better furnishings than many national chain hotels we stay in as we travel. There's a good restaurant across the parking lot from the motel and the food quality there is good, but the service is a little slow. Also a good value for the money.

I'd recommend this place to anyone travelling up or down I-5.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We were on our way from Washington to Oregon and wanted to spend a day at Mt St. Helens. This hotel couldn't have been in a better location - right at the exit that leads to the National Park. It was clean and the staff was very pleasant. No special frills, but everything you need for a good night's rest. A great bargain too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joan C
Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

I stumbled upon this place quite by accident but what a find it is! When I called to check availability the woman at the desk told me their lobby would be closing at 10PM but she would leave me the room key under the mat and I could register in the morning. This is true hospitality! This facility was very, very clean---cleaner than some of the 3 and 4 star hotels I have stayed. The staff was genuinely nice without mouthing that fake "you are so important to us" line. The price was excellent. A great value all around.

• Stayed August 2012
Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview
Timberland Inn & Suites
Timberland Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Castle Rock

Been to Mt. St. Helens Motel? Share your experiences!