“Too much money for loud, parking lot camping.”

Toutle River RV Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Castle Rock
Toutle River RV Resort
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

It's a well equipped camp ground with several new amenities. However, Amtrak flies through ALL night long and blares the horn the entire time. If you are towing a fifth wheel and have another car (like we did) you will be paying an additional $10 per night. Quite exorbitant when you are already paying $45 a night and there's plenty of room to park another vehicle in the same site. Do not stay at a site near the outdoor Rec area! People were hollering and playing basketball at 4am. We did not sleep the entire weekend due to all the noise. Bathrooms are clean and the pool is nice; even if it is small. That being said, everything is new here and our kids had fun. We will not be coming back to this campground.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

This place is way over priced, and *terribly* located. Sandwiched between train tracks and interstate 5. The double train tracks are very busy 24x7, and trains come through at full speed and have to use horns due to nearby crossings. I5 is always busy and trucks use exhaust brakes all hours. Even with our GoodSam discount this place is way too much money.

That said, the staff is friendly and the swimming pool and recreation areas are nice. The spots are normal and average. The store is not well stocked but still OK.

Location location location. If this place were 1 mile off the freeway or away from the tracks - it would be an outstanding RV park.

I don't like paying $40++ to park our camper next to train tracks.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Valkraider
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Ok, ok, yes, it IS right beside I5, and has a UP and BNSF train route on the other side. I'm the lighter sleeper, and half heard one train during the night...I didn't notice the freeway traffic at all. My wife heard nothing. Our older teens appreciated the pool, but we arrived late after seeing Mt. St. Helens, and didn't have much time to see the rest of the facility. The boys said the bathrooms were ok. Nice to have the security at the front gate, too. I'd stay here again, no question. Check in was fast and very friendly which I appreciated after driving for over 11 hours.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The good: nice large sites, with grassy areas. Clean, friendly staff. Pools, hot tub,sauna. Nice lodge. Many activities available for families and or groups. Easy access from I-5.

The bad: near I-5 and train tracks. We were in a motorhomes so we could hear the noise from both, but it was not that distracting for us. (We were mid park, closer to I-5 than the trains).

If we are in the area and need a place to stay, we will stay here again.

Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

nice big open park, stayed two nights and there are fgood things and bad things about this park. The good: its big and we had lots of room ourselves. the also have a small store with the basics and then some. the bad: location location locating... this park is in-between I-5 and an active set of train tracks, so dont expect any rest.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This is a great facility, if you are not bothered by light and noise pollution! The amenities they offer (really clean bathrooms, pool, spa, playground, games, spraystation, etc) are all really great but it's hard to focus on those positives when everything (your sleep, your conversation) are constantly interrupted by trains and train whistles--very maddening! We left over-tired, needing to recover from our mini-vacation. Also, we camped in tents and there are lights everywhere, it felt a bit like we were camping in a parking lot...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

We stopped here after a visit to Mt St Helens. It's a great RV campground. It is right next to I-5 and you get Hwy noise and RR too but I'm a light sleeper and neither bothered me. Very spacious sites great for anyone - we camped in a motorhome and had no issues. Lots to do for kids - pool, Bball, Vball, movie, croquet, disc golf. They even have a designated RV wash which was awesome !! I would stay here again - great value and it's a Good Sam Campground.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Bounding4fun

Been to Toutle River RV Resort? Share your experiences!