“outstanding french bread”

Ranked #2 of 2 Bakeries in Cashmere
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Description: award winning artisan products.
Wenatchee, Washington
“outstanding french bread”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

If you like typical French chewy firm crust read this is the place. Anjou bakery is a typical French bakery in a small old home in the middle of no where. They have daily baked wonderful breads and cookies, They also serve home made lunch daily. It is hared to beat their bread. It is just like the breads one expect to find in Paris. I love their bread toasted or for dipping in balsamic vinegar and olive oil.

• Visited November 2013

Monroe, Washington
“Not Sure That I Like the Changes I'm Observing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

I've been an Anjou Bakery fan for a number of years, and because I live about 100 miles to the West (other side of the Cascade Mtns) I only get by here a couple of times a year. It seems to me that they used to offer a lot more in terms of prepared foods, bakery items and assorted groceries (olive oils, basalmic, etc). What I do find whenever I stop is still great stuff' but I just can't shake the perception that with all the success / acclaim and remodel came a slow slide away from the business model that got 'em here ???

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank CVZ4PRES
Wenatchee
“Yes, my kind of bakery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Very, very good pastries. Croissants are outstanding, thought I was back in Paris. Unique and tasty sandwiches,

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank skibob44
“Not sure why the appeal!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

As a local I've been here many times, but in the last year or so have stopped as I became increasing disappointed that they were always out of so many items, the help seemed pretentious or unfriendly and prices just kept getting higher and higher. I decided to give it another try today, and once again the only pastries at 11 a.m. were cinnamon rolls. I've heard in the past they had "minimal Monday's" - I guess that's back! I didn't want to leave empty handed so decided to order a tuna baguette - yikes $7 for 8" of bread and tuna. While it was tasty not sure it was worth it. I think I'll stick to Sure to Rise Bakery in Cashmere - it's homey, friendly, fairly priced and yummy (check out their pecan rolls - and remember they are not open on Sun. and Mon.)

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Cascadevalleyinn
Brisbane, Australia
“Bakery items nice but not my style of cappuccino”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

The Albacore tuna baguette was okay - the baguette fresh - crisp and chewy as a good baguette should be. The almond cinnamon roll was nice but a few almonds would have been nice. The bakery has a nice atmosphere to it and you can watch the bread being baked if you like.

With the name Anjou I thought we would get a more traditional cappuccino but again it was the usual espresso coffee topped up with steamed skim milk or no fat milk. I guess when you're used to the velvety taste and texture of a rich foam made on full-fat or part-fat milk then this style of cappuccino would not to be to your liking. So for me the cappuccino was okay but not great.

• Visited September 2013