My boyfriend and I stayed in the Green Leaf cabin for one evening. A wonderful place! All the cabins have good privacy, but the Green Leaf is definitely the one that makes you feel like you have the whole place to yourself.
The cabin is cozy, with big leather chairs right in front of the gas fireplace. The bathroom is spacious (loved the walk-in shower with seating, as well as the jet tub for two). The whole decor is tasteful and inviting. We loved the look of the unfinished wood poles used for the frame of the big, plushy, ultracomfy bed. Keep in mind that the bed's mattresses are stacked pretty high--I'm pretty small so I had to use the little wooden step stools to get in.
There's also a nice kitchen area with table and chairs, snacks, tea, coffee, coffeemaker, microwave and refrigerator. We sat at the kitchen table, sipping our wine and enjoying the view out the window.
The place is just a few minutes north of the Columbia Gorge. We didn't feel like being in the midst of the heavier tourist traffic in Stevenson (which is my favorite little town in the Gorge), so Carson Ridge B&B's location suited us just fine. Carson is just enough "away" while still being close to all the Gorge's attractions.
Jim and Debbie are extremely kind and gracious. We heard of their B&B through the local landscaper who did the work around the cabins. Dan vouched for them as some of the nicest people he knows. And that was our impression, too--very genuine, good-hearted people.
They serve a nice big breakfast at the main house, so you can chat with your hosts and meet the other people staying at the B&B. The breakfast featured an egg-cheese-ham dish, as well as toast, muffins and a fresh mixed fruit salad. They also offered a variety of teas and juices, and good coffee. Not super frilly fancy, but all well-prepared, simple and satifsfying.
A great place altogether! We'll definitely be going back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax and rejuvenate your soul in the tranquility of your private, luxury Columbia River Gorge cabin. Spa tubs for 2, walk-in showers with dual shower heads, fireplaces, log beds, private porches with log swings, spectacular views, luxury linens, plush robes, spa services in your own romantic Washington cabin...need we say more? Our award-winning Columbia River Gorge lodging has been voted "The Best in the West", the "Top 10 Most Romantic Inns in the Country", "Best Place to Celebrate Romance" and most recently won for the second year running, "Best of the Gorge". We have the Tesla and Clipper Creek electric vehicle (EV) charge station onsite for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins Hotel Carson
- Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins Washington