My wife and I recently attended the Brew, Blues, and BBQ in Stevenson, WA. With no hotel or B&B space left in Stevenson, we were given a tip to try a B&B in Carson, WA (about 3.5 miles from Stevenson). This B&B is called Carson Ridge B&B. The owner, Debbie Waters, and her staff were very friendly and helpful. Unlike more traditional B&B's where the patrons share a single large household, this B&B has individual stand-alone units on it's large property. Sort of like cabins, but these units are more modular and modern.
We were fortunate enough to have received a complimentary upgrade from a "queen bed" unit to their best unit, the "king bed" unit. The unit was private and delightful! The log bed framed mattres was very comfortable. The jetted jacuzzi bath and separate shower stall were just like new... very modern plumbing and fixtures and truly unmatched by any hotel or B&B I've ever stayed at before. The TV has satellite reception and a DVD player. We did not watch any TV, but I could tell each unit had its own Directv dish, and having that at my own home, I know how good the picture comes in. The unit had a nice fireplace, but again, we did not use it (weather was hot outside during our stay). It had a kitchenette with a nice sized small refrig, microwave, and teas/coffees/bottled water.
The room included a small basket of goodies for us to snack on during our stay. A couple of nice chocolate candies by the bedside as well. The weather was hot this past weekend in Carson, so it was nice that the units are equiped with wall unit A/C. Each unit has it's own porch with chairs and a table. Our unit had a porch swing as well (all units might have that, but I do not recollect for sure). The porches for each unit offer the most privacy possible by the way they are designed and positioned facing the hillside above the property. More hills and views are off to the left.
The property is located just off the main road through the small city of Carson on Wind River Road.
The breakfast was not your traditional English B&B fare, but the caserole dish prepared ham, egg, cheese quiche and peach cobbler were delicious. The fresh fruit, coffee, OJ and freshly made fruit smoothy were delicious as well. There were yogarts available, too. My wife and I noted that it seemed odd that no cereal or toast was available, but we did not leave there hungry either. Overall, we enjoyed our meal. The dinning room is located in the main building, just a short walk from our cabin, and it was a comfortable room with cool pictures hanging on the wall. There is a small refridge in the breakfast sitting area where complimentary pop and bottled water are available.
We booked at $175 (plus taxes) per night for the Queen Bed cabin, but as I mentioned earlier, we were upgraded for free to the King Bed cabin due to availability. Debbie said that unit would normally cost $195 during this peak season along the Columbia River. Rates drop significantly during off-season. I recommend you visit their website at Carsonridgebnb for more information on rates and directions and etc.
At first, my wife and I thought that the rate was a bit high for a B&B in a small city like Carson, WA, but after seeing the property and the unit, the rate is quite in line with what you get in our opinion. We had a very comfortable and pleasant stay at the Carson Ridge B&B and we hope you find this review helpful in your search for a place to stay. We highly recommend it! Doug and Nancy
PS: Sorry for any mispellings... no spell check on this site, and I was kind of in a hurry!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax and rejuvenate your soul in the tranquility of your private, luxury Columbia River Gorge cabin. Spa tubs for 2, walk-in showers with dual shower heads, fireplaces, log beds, private porches with log swings, spectacular views, luxury linens, plush robes, spa services in your own romantic Washington cabin...need we say more? Our award-winning Columbia River Gorge lodging has been voted "The Best in the West", the "Top 10 Most Romantic Inns in the Country", "Best Place to Celebrate Romance" and most recently won for the second year running, "Best of the Gorge". We have the Tesla and Clipper Creek electric vehicle (EV) charge station onsite for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins Hotel Carson
- Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins Washington