All reviews porch swing the columbia river gorge each morning these cabins room massages bath salts green leaf cabin thought of everything quiche fresh fruit fire pit the bed was extremely comfortable stayed longer bed and breakfast salmon belly stayed nights hammocks
Reviewed October 8, 2014

We stayed here last November for my birthday. We had hiked all around the gorge and got soaked in the rain. This was the perfect place to come to to warm up by the fireplace and soak in the big tub. Breakfast the next morning was really good. The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2014

The reviews of this place are spot on. I had wanted to go hike, see waterfalls and explore the area but didn't really want to rough it camping. These cabins are the best. Like others have mentioned, the towels, sheets, jacuzzi tub (big enough for 2 people), bath salts, candles, robes and fireplaces make this a luxurious retreat. I think its the little things that make the Carson Ridge Cabins a true gem. It starts when you check in. Pete and Letisha are so welcoming and full of suggestions of where to eat (spot on) and what to not miss in the area. They have a ton of movies to watch, free popcorn and pop to take back to you cabin. Afternoon cookies. Whats not to love. The breakfasts are to die for. We stayed in the Knotty Pine cabin and paid a little extra to have bfast delivered to us. We ate right on our covered porch. Perfect way to start the morning. Some others have mentioned that the cabins are right off the main road...true, but it didn't bother us at all. The cabins all face towards a beautiful meadow. They have really made it feel like a secluded little retreat. We liked being able to walk across the road and get a few items from the general store and eat at Backwoods Brewery (Great food and beer). For the most privacy and best views of the meadow I would probably stay in one of the bigger cabins, Knotty Pine or Green Leaf. I'm not really sure you can go wrong with any of the cabins though. Cannot say enough about this place. We will definitely be back. =)

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2014

My wife and I had an absolutely perfect week's end at Carson Ridge. We were rounding out 10 days in the Portland/Gorge area, and needed something pleasant and peaceful before we went home. We found that here, and so much more. Pete, our host, helped us find the best local attractions (Falls Creek Falls and Double Mountain Brewery were highlights). His breakfasts were otherworldly and the service was impeccable.

The cabin itself was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The Jacuzzi was very comfortable (and importantly very clean), and lavender bath salts were provided (and restocked when we used them up). The bed was terrific. I tend to be a very difficult sleeper, but neither of us had any trouble sleeping here.

I have never felt such regret going home in my travels. I can say without exaggeration that this was the most pleasant stay I've had anywhere in the world. If you're staying in the area this is the best way to go, and it's not close.

Room Tip: I'm not sure you can go wrong. All the cabins are quiet, and feel like their own self-contained worlds.
  • Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2014

Excellent find. Just happened upon it by accident on Expedia. Pete is an amazing resource for things to do to enjoy the area- and... there is so much to do!
Other folks there were resources as well. The Columbia River Gorge is a US treasure of beauty & wonder.

• Stayed: September 2014
Reviewed September 15, 2014

My husband and I are extremely happy that we saw this property on Trip Advisor. We loved the online photos of these cabins and were excited to have our own little cabin. The owners, Pete and Latisha are just the loveliest people and they really know how to run a bed and breakfast. We rented the Mount St. Helens cabin and it was awesome. The cabin is large and has everything you could want - a wonderful king bed with windows looking out to the mountains, a gorgeous spa tub for two, gas fireplace, walk-in shower with double heads, large flat screen TV, a little corner with coffee maker and coffee and other hot drink mixes. There is also a small fridge. In addition, they have a variety of Oregon wines in the cabin that you can purchase. There is a great book in the room that is loaded with info about the cabins' history, nearby restaurants, and a fantastic list of 101 things to do while in the area. We were impressed and grateful that Pete and Latisha assisted us with our luggage both to and from our cabin with their little wagon cart. We thoroughly enjoyed hanging around the property with its wonderful trees, its many blackberry bushes and other special places that you can discover. We also loved sitting on our porch swing enjoying the beauty and fresh scent of the woods. One of our favorite things was the breakfast that was delivered to us each morning. Three of the cabins have delivery of breakfast included in the price. Other cabins can also have this luxury for an added fee. Otherwise, breakfast is served in their dining room area. Their food was just delicious! I am not sure if we have ever had such a relaxing and fun experience at a B&B. I would definitely visit again.

Room Tip: Splurge on the Mount Hood, Mount St. Helens or the Mount Adams cabins if you really want privacy and more luxury, plus they have the breakfast delivery!
  • Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple