“Great hospitality”

GreenLeadersGold level
Bend, Oregon
“Great hospitality”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Carson Ridge in the fall and the weather was spectacular. We enjoyed watching the kite boarders and the endless trails available. The innkeepers were great and did a wonderful job answering questions about the area. The breakfast was spectacular and every morning they provided something new and fresh. The only negative was the location. There was no road noise or anything that could be heard from the cabins, but there is really nothing to see or do in the tiny town of Carson. We spent the majority of our time driving to Hood River which was only 25 miles away.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travelbug340
carsonridge1261, Innkeeper at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed your time here at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins! The entire Gorge is a magical place isn't it? We are so proud of our quiet little unincorporated town. We all work very hard to make your vacation our number one priority! It is a fabulous place to relax, unwind, rejuvenate and even launch from - just as these fine guests did! Thanks for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Forks, Washington
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We have been to Carson Ridge Private Luxury Cabins many times before and it continues to be one of our favorite B&B's. The new innkeeper, Staci, was fantastic, from the time we made our reservation to the time we said good bye. The cabin was wonderful, the breakfast was outstanding and the tips on places to go were spot on. Thanks for another wonderful stay. We'll be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
carsonridge1261, Innkeeper at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Even though the weather was "soft" your presence here made it lovely! It is so much fun to have return guests - it is like family coming home. Our door is always open and the Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins crew looks forward to your next visit!
Pendleton, Oregon
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband and I recetly returned from a fantastic stay (April 5-7 2013) Our cabin was every bit as luxious as defined by broshure and the website. Every imaginable luxurious detail was
provided within our quaint cabin. The cabins are architectually situated for one to have privacy from others and other cabins. The lovely and well planned grounds were beautiful even through the intense spring rain! We have stayed many, many places along the Columbia River Gorge and have been consistently disappointed that these hotels or B&B's did not provide the great luxurious, private, and positive experiences they advertised. A few miles above the River, is Carson Ridge Private Luxory Cabins, it DID give us this wonderful experience in such that I will never stay anywhere else when traveling to The Columbia River Gorge! The Innkeeper Stacy was truly the icing of the cake! She cares very deeply for her "home" Carson Ridge Cabins-and went above and beyond to make our stay very memorable in so many nurturing
and pleaurable ways. Her food was fantastic too! Many thanks to you Stacy and your staff for
reigniting that pleasure that has been missing from other retreats to the Columbia River area.

Room Tip: All of the cabins are luxurious and private. I can't wait to stay in any other one on my next t...
1 Thank JosieF181
carsonridge1261, Innkeeper at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
It is so much fun to spoil our guests! Every member of the Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins crew is dedicated to making sure the details are handled so all you have to do is relax and enjoy. I am so glad you were able to embrace all that makes this place so special. We look forward to rolling out the red carpet for you next time you come this way!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

We could not believe our eyes as we pulled up to these " luxury" cabins! It looked like a bunch of garden sheds lined up , only a few feet apart from each other, looking out at a what looked like unmowed lawn. We looked inside to see they were marginal, nothing like the 267.00 price point they wanted, more like what I would imagine about 110. Rate. I am a travel agent, and it was so obvious these cabins were not in the caliber they were charging for. It reminded me of a glorified trailer park, with barrel fountains and all. We left, first time we have ever done this, still fighting to get our money back.

Stayed April 2013
3 Thank Collette V
carsonridge1261, Innkeeper at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
We take our luxury cabin status quite serious and pride ourselves on achieving and maintaining pinnacle ratings with Select Registry and the Diamond Collection with Bed and Breakfast.com - the top two industry inspection organizations. Our cabins sit nestled on the edge of a beautiful, natural-grass and flower meadow which is just now beginning to show the signs of spring. In just a couple of weeks the meadow will be alive with indigenous flowers and grasses that are truly spectacular! Our natural setting is designed to be tranquil and peaceful without a lot of fuss. We are a unique property looking to spoil our guests with hospitality, attention to detail and a quiet place to relax. I am so sorry you were not happy and we have been doing everything possible to make sure the situation is rectified swiftly.
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed April 2, 2013

These private cabins have the most comfortable beds I have ever been in. The fireplace was great and the setting was lovely. Robes, towels, etc were wonderful. The place is very friendly and they leave you alone-which is great. The only negative was the breakfast. It is delivered to your cabin which we loved. However, the biscuits were cold, hard and salty, the gravy like library paste. The next day's breakfast was better-a kind of egg casserole. Sweet things were excellent. Great coffee. We'll be back for sure-maybe we can get a hot breakfast next time?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so pleased you liked our gorgeous property, amenities and sweet things served at breakfast! And I do agree - the beds are out of this world. Clearly the biscuits and gravy you experienced lost something along the way as that dish tends to be among one of the most asked for entrees! My deepest appreciation for your willingness to come back again. I will continue to strive to make sure breakfast is not only tasty but served piping hot to all of our guests!
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I just got back from spending our honeymoon at Carson Ridge. It was exactly what we needed! We are 21, not exactly the age group that appears to frequent there. But we wanted the quiet and the relaxation, and especially the beauty!

We stayed in the Mount Hood cabin, which is the most private cabin they offer. Honestly, it wasn't as secluded as we expected it to be but it was definitely more so than the others and it wasn't a bother at all! It was too cold for us to enjoy the porch anyway, even though every morning before breakfast was delivered I would go outside in hopes that I could somehow stay warm outside to enjoy a cup of coffee.

The decor was nice, but I think it appears to an older generation. Even so, there was still something very relaxing about it. Besides, I cannot complain because the wood bed was gorgeous and the mattress provided the best sleep I've had in months. I dream about being able to sleep on that bed again one day!

I loved that I could control the temperature with the fireplace, since it was gas. My husband and I would usually just come in at night and play scrabble by the fire and watch some TV. That might sound boring at first, but believe me it was a highlight of my trip! I loved spending my evenings just hanging out and spending time with the one I love with a board game.

Another highlight of Carson: Stacy. I do not think I will ever forget the incredible service she extended to us! She was so helpful in providing information on area and with things to do. She was just a joy to talk to visit with. She is a reason itself to go and visit!

While the town of Carson isn't right next door to the more touristy parts of the Gorge, it was a very short drive to all the places we wanted to see. We actually preferred the extra driving to look at scenery.

For any young people looking at this location, I urge you to go! We stayed in portland a couple of nights before coming back to Arkansas and while we loved portland, our hotel could not compete in any way with what Carson Ridge gave us.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Serenawren
carsonridge1261, Innkeeper at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thanks for your youthful perspective! We take hospitality and service to our guests very seriously and are thrilled you enjoyed your stay. Our beds are quite delightful and the fireplace and games are the perfect excuse to stay in and do absolutely nothing! We look forward to welcoming the two of you back for your 1 year anniversary. And congratulations again!
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The rooms were so romantic there was no way passion could not happen. The cabins took your breath away. It felt like you were in a log cabin set in the past. The cabins had everything for that special get away. Wine,bath salts,candels, and even a goose down comforter. Then when the nights over breakfast arrives and passion erupts in your mouth. The inn keepers at Carson Ridge are really professional and know what their guest desires. I would book my next special night here without a second thought.

• Stayed March 2013
I am so delighted you enjoyed your stay here at Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins. We work very hard to make each guest's stay quite special. It sounds like your stay was just what you needed! We look forward to welcoming you back on property again very soon for more PASSION!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carson
Columbia Cliff Villas Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Hood River
Hood River Hotel
Hood River Hotel
#6 of 8 in Hood River

Been to Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins? Share your experiences!