Could there be a more sincere host than this lovely Welshman? Pete was fabulous, within minutes of meeting this charming gentleman you'll want to invite him to YOUR house and feed him breakfast.
The property is quite nice, well landscaped and as good as can be done in their location. Pete and his wife have artisans eyes for design and composition with their newest cabins being top to bottom completely their own creation and serve as testimony to my claims of their good taste.
They are wholly accommodating and I wish them all the success in the world.
Their proximity to great hikes and stunning views cannot be denied and yet their actual physical location is a touch unfortunate. A rather busy road is adjacent and the cabin feel is occasionally shattered by a truck trundling by. The local small grocery store is across the street, if solitude is your mission one must take to wearing blinders of sorts to this. It is not impossible to achieve the illusion of seclusion while there it would simply be disingenuous to not mention this subtle flaw. Their older cabins are well decorated and warm but at $300 a night they are a bit pricey. The newer cabins are well in excess of twice as nice as the older renditions but at $400 a night they too are a little pricey if you're just looking for a place to sleep. I think the healthiest view of it is to realize this is not just a place to sleep but is an experience as part of your vacation. It is fair to remark as explanation that these are
not simply rooms in a manor house but truly stand alone unique cabins. My only similar experience is Callistoga Ranch in Napa at 3-4 times these prices. They are probably not too pricey for what you actually can get by sitting back and enjoying the location and the charming hosts, one must decide however how much time one plans to spend here rather than in the amazing adjacent natural beauty.
Overall I would say it's worth a go,
knowing what to expect though will do you wonders.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax and rejuvenate your soul in the tranquility of your private, luxury Columbia River Gorge cabin. Spa tubs for 2, walk-in showers with dual shower heads, fireplaces, log beds, private porches with log swings, spectacular views, luxury linens, plush robes, spa services in your own romantic Washington cabin...need we say more? Our award-winning Columbia River Gorge lodging has been voted "The Best in the West", the "Top 10 Most Romantic Inns in the Country", "Best Place to Celebrate Romance" and most recently won for the second year running, "Best of the Gorge". We have the Tesla and Clipper Creek electric vehicle (EV) charge station onsite for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins Hotel Carson
- Carson Ridge Luxury Cabins Washington