“Relaxing”

Carson Hot Springs Spa
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

A friend and I came for an afternoon bath and wrap. It was quiet and relaxing on a gray rainy day. The place has an old rustic charm. If you want a spa atmosphere you probably should go to Stevenson and spend more money.

There are newer reviews for Carson Hot Springs Spa

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I do not usually write reviews. I especially avoid placing negative reviews but this experience and subsequent non-response by the owners was so upsetting to us it feels like a responsibility to warn others.
Prior to this writing we did provide in person feedback to the staff at the spa who were quite non responsive. On 9/1/13 we e-mailed a written description of the experience & requested a refund. The spa responded that the matter must be take up with B.H.S. So on 9/1/13 we forwarded the e-mail describing our experience to B.H.S and requested a refund of the cost of my husband's soak/massage/wrap but there has been no response whatsoever to our request. They have given us no recourse but to share our experience here to warn others.
On 8/31/13 my husband and I went to the hot springs for a spa experience: massage/ soak/wrap cost: $90.00 per person. On arrival we were "welcomed" quite rudely by a woman with a very abrupt manner who told us our appointment was not at the time we had confirmed by telephone and then made to wait for 45 minutes. No apology was given and no accommodation made for the wait time. We sat on a bench outside, because the inside reception area is very dreary. This part of the experience was uncomfortable and surprising but not enough to warrant a poor review. What happened next was very upsetting to my husband though to be fair I must note that my massage/ soak/wrap experience was ok. My husband had a terrible experience with one of the employees who did not respect his privacy and left my husband feeling so violated he chose to cut his experience short and wait for me in the car. During the time he was waiting he reported the experience and his unhappiness to the person at the reception desk who was non responsive. On arriving home we decided to put the request in writing and request a refund for the cost of his soak/massage/wrap. We sent an email request describing the experience and requested a refund. The spa responded stating the message needed to go to B.H.S. which we did and again as I stated previously...to date (10/6/13) no response or accommodation has been made. So be forewarned...this is not a place that cares for feedback or makes any attempt to provide a comfortable experience for guests. This has been one of the worst experience we have ever had in any of our travels in or out of the USA including our very 'rustic' travel experiences in Peru.