“Went for anniversary celebration and plan to go back”

Carson Hot Springs Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Carson
Battle Ground, Washington
“Went for anniversary celebration and plan to go back”
Reviewed November 7, 2010

First off I am a male and never have written a review. It amazes me how these people whine and cry about the condition of this place...what do you expect, it is in fact an old resort. For the price, it is unbeatable, but if you are paying a quarter of the price that you would spend anywhere else do not expect them to kiss the ground you walk on. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. This was very important since this was my first time at this facility and didn’t know what to expect. The bathhouse is old and there is rust around some of the fixtures on the tub but it was not dirty (if the water is too hot turn the cold water on, there are knobs and you should be able to figure out your own comfort level). The wrap and massage were both great with no complaints. I also stayed in the hotel there and it was not fancy, but it was not horrible and well worth the price. After reading all these people’s reviews, I panicked and canceled my reservation, but after thinking about it, I wanted the experience for myself. I made new reservations and I am glad I did. There were no signs of mold, rotted floorboards, unhelpful staff, and noisy people. It’s an old facility that’s NOT new and is inexpensive (compared to similar places), stop being prima donnas and enjoy yourself.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
21 Thank stats3481

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 15, 2010

I've been going to Carson for 20 years now. You can still get a good massage there - that's the positive thing - the masseuses are really good - but the bathhouse has been let go and is in such horrible shape that it is just plain creepy inside. The floorboards are rotten, the showers curtains around your old cast-iron tub are moldy - not to mention the ceiling and the walls, the showers are disgusting and the towels and blankets for the body wrap are old see-through rags. It really is a shame to see what has happened to the place. I would love to go back and believe me, I love rustic - but this is not rustic. It is a "dump!"

Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
11 Thank Johnson1020

Travelers are raving about these Carson hotels

Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed July 4, 2010

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and though the place is not fancy i had been there years before and knew what to expect...I think for the price you get a fine service. Personally I have stayed up the road at a way fancier facility and their service is deplorable. At this point Carson hotsprings is my go to spot for a reasonable priced bit of R &R and we will return.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank MaeMcAlk
Ojai, California
Reviewed June 22, 2010

I have loved Carson, been a regular for thirty years but they pushed me over the edge on my last visit. The ceiling in the main room is held in place with duct tape. Why would they build a sauna and new hotels and not do something about the ceilings and floors that look like they could give way at any second? The attendant let folks talk during the bath and wrap. I was the one telling them it was a quiet area. The attendant did not offer any service. She put a towel over my head and a blanket around my feet and disappeared. There was NO care and no conversation about how anyone wanted to be wrapped. The towels were beyond rags. You could read a newspaper through them. I thought of complaining but realized the place was too out of control. It is a big dump that used to be a sweet treasure. Sad, very sad!!! Save your money. DON'T GO.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
10 Thank Kabanfield
Carson, Washington
Reviewed June 2, 2010

Hi everyone I live in Carson, Wa not far from Carson Mineral Hot Springs Resort about 5 minutes away. First of all its not really a resort, it's a run down building that promises hot springs when really its just a nasty smelling bathtub so if you are looking for clean sheets and resort style rooms you may want to try Skamania Lodge or North Bonneville Hot Springs Resort both are in Skamania County. Currently they are taking bids on this property it is going under so hopefully it will get some new owners but fr now I wouldn't go there at all, the only time I go near there is when I want to hike to the actual hot springs but don't expect the owners to tell you about them, they will lie and say there is no actual hot springs but there is :) Look them up on trails.com

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
15 Thank Chrisandapril
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2010

this stay was to say the least...interesting. my mother and i headed to Carsons springs for a bit pampering, this is not what followed. the place itself was deserted and spooky, the staff did not communicate well at all which is always worrying when your trying anything new let alone when you have been told to strip naked. the redeeming feature was the amazing massage. however this was followed by a rusty, moss filled bath with scorching hot water, surrounded by a moulded shoer curtain. i stuck one foot in, fel as if i had bin burnt and called it quits. my mother persued and was hen given a 'body wrap'. she lasted roughly 5 minutes before the mouldy ceiling put her of and she asked to leave.
overall my mother and i were able to laugh the whole thing of, though i'm not sure this would of been the case had we been staying over night!
if you like rustic (understatement) go for it, otherwise ......stay well away!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
7 Thank rosakornfein
Seattle
Reviewed February 5, 2010

I have been going to Carson Hot Springs [rings since 1976. I have no problem with the accomondations and I love the rustic atomosphere. In fact back in the day I stayed in rooms in the hotel buiding, bare light bulbs and all. I was quite put off when the new owners lied to me about the room. I wanted a king bed but they said they were booked up. They obviously were not. In fact there were only 3 folks staying in the hotel. When I asked they said they were going to have a wedding party come in on Sunday and have to get ready for them. I checked and the church they mentioned did not have a Wedding and we hung out and nobody from any wedding party showed up. I did get the two Queen beds for the Price of the King only after explaining to the guy that I wan/t stupid and did not want to pay for Two Queens when it was obvious they were not booked up. I can get by the rustic elements, in fact that is why I go there, I just don't like being lied to again and again. All they had to do is tell the truth, that is that they only clean the rooms once in a while and don't have dedicated housekeeping. I hope they take care of the place so we can continue to enjoy it (the bath portion) but doubt that we will stay in the hotel only because of the lies.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HappyCoupleSeattle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carson
Columbia Gorge Hotel & Spa
Hampton Inn & Suites Hood River
Hood River Hotel
Hood River Hotel
#6 of 8 in Hood River

Been to Carson Hot Springs Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!