I have been coming from Portland to Carson Hot Springs for the past twenty years. My husband and I have stayed in the former cabins and old hotel on many occasions. I have also come yearly retreats as well as to introduce friends to the relaxing baths.
I loved the quaintness, authenticity and simple integrity of the Hot Springs before the buy up from Korean Investors. Over the years, the price climbed from a bargain of $4 to a whopping $20. for the exact same hot bath/wrap experience. I was told that the recent price increase was because of a newly installed sauna...which I found to be totally unnecessary. Once out of the bath/wrap, a hot sauna would be overkill. My sister-in-law, who is a nurse, worried about the lack of warnings to people with heart conditions of any kind and wondered if the attendants were trained in emergency proceedures.
Speaking of the attendants on the women's side, I found them to be young, cautiously friendly, and not willing to talk about the latest drastic cost increase from $15 to $20 within the past six months. "Attendants " would be a misnomer now that there was no help getting out of the slippery tubs ( no more rubber mats ) to the beds. No one came to check on my sister-in-law and I much less wipe the dripping sweat from our faces or help us unwrap and make our way to the showers. This used to be part of the standard safety procedure.
I am sad to say that I will no longer go to Carson Hot Springs. And from what I heard, the local people no longer go as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Carson Hot Springs where you will find a fabulous vintage vacation! Enjoy our lobby which is located in the original St. Martin's Hotel, or the rustic simplicity of our 1920's Bath House, or maybe hot tubs filled with our therapeutic mineral water on the balcony of your bedroom! Our rustic retreat is perfect for those who want to unwind, unplug and get away from it all. Activities for the outdoor enthusiast include: rafting, fishing, hiking and biking right out our front door. The newly renovated golf course, Elk Ridge, features amazing views from every hole! Most golfer's have it on their "must play" list and we offer Stay and Play Packages. The Clubhouse serves breakfast, lunch and dinner service to satisfy the hungry traveler. Runaway to Rustic! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Carson Hot Springs Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carson Mineral Hot Springs Hotel Carson
- Carson Hot Springs Washington
- Carson Hot Springs Carson Washington
- Carson Hot Springs Resort
- Carson Hot Springs Golf & Spa Resort Washington