“OMG so relaxing and fun”

Carson Hot Springs Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Carson
Tri Cities WA
“OMG so relaxing and fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2010

hiked over 40 miles in the surrounding area, also had mineral bath soak, wrap and massage... Wonderful!

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank irishrosebudme

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Seattle
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2009

Please save yourself the despair and anger and DO NOT go to this "resort." I am unsure if the hotel has recently come under new management or has simply been allowed to decay into its current state but this place is nothing like what is advertised on its website. Myself along with my extended family of three traveled from Seattle expecting a relaxing, leisurely mini-vacation at this place. We found that not only was the "resort" situated in a nearly non-existent, lowly town but the hotel itself looked like a ghost town. After calling ahead to switch our room accommodations from two, two room queens to one, two room queen the owner or manager told us that the hotel was "packed" for the weekend. To say the least we were upset by the false testament that the owner gave us. We arrived in the evening to find three other cars in the over sized parking lot with no one around. As we entered the run down lobby we found our keys on the counter. It appears that this "resort" has not been remodeled or even maintained for many years. As we proceeded to our rooms we found that the heaters spewed room temperature air, in the already freezing bedroom. To the mortification of my cousin we found long dark hairs and what appeared to be pubic hairs on the linen on the bed. The pillows seemed to have gone unwashed for several weeks as they took on a yellow tinge. The room was overall a mess. The trash can was already full and the towels looked used. We were forced to spend the night after realizing that there was no other possible lodging options in the meager town.
Hoping to redeem our nightmarish stay, the next morning we headed for the advertised, mineral hot springs. Instead we found a lurid, murky, looking bath house. As we proceeded inside we saw two rows of ancient, tubs. The tubs looked rusted and filthy in an already dark and putrid room. We asked the masseuse where the hot springs were, to which she replied "there are no actual hot springs, we just fill the tubs with mineral water..." At this point we could not bring ourselves to stay any longer. We packed our things and headed to the lobby to find the manager. We discovered that he was taking the day off and would not be in until Monday. We left angry and tired. After later speaking to the manager he proceeded to insist that he had not falsely advertised on his website and that all the promised amenities were granted. We rightly asked to be reimbursed for the less than tolerable stay and he refused. We are currently disputing the charges with our credit card company. I hope that anyone who considers staying here please think twice and find another place. Nearby Hood River, Oregon offers much more pleasant accommodations. This is no resort, I would not even call it a hotel. It is a motel unfit for rats.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
10 Thank jdseattle17

Travelers are raving about these Carson hotels

New Orleans
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2009

As a fourth generation Columbia Gorge native -- I now live in New Orleans -- please know the hotel and hot springs once owned by the St. Martin family is a genuine relic of local culture. The Hot Springs Hotel stood for everything I remember about growing up in the Gorge: awe-inspiring waterfalls, yards with junked cars, profoundly beautiful forests, crude neighbors, mineral water with magical properties, and generally bad food. The only local edibles, in my opinion, offering any real pleasure are smoked salmon and wild blackberries. A traveller needs to know that Carson is the heartland of lumberjacks, plaid flannel shirts, Big Foot, and tough teenaged girls who can get married in a hurry in nearby Stevenson. So, if you want to experience the real deal, warts and all, stay at the Hot Springs. If you want luxury, excellent food, gracious service, and more than a bit of decadence, visit the French Quarter here in New Orleans. And love both for what they are.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
6 Thank freddiebeckett
OHIO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2009

I recently visited the Carson Hot springs...I have not had such a good night sleep in a long time. At first, I was unsure if I wanted to stay due to the recent reviews but I am glad I gave it a chance. It was very peaceful, my room was clean and simply. The front desk clerk clearly made sure I had a wonderful stay. My husband and I both had a relaxing mineral bath and spectacular massages. The spa was very rustic but clean. I would suggest the Carson Hot Springs to anyone who wants to get away from every day stresses. Not to mention the prices, we had a one night stay and two bath and two massages all for $200.00. We would not of spend our money any other way.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank COZYTWO
Longview
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2009

Pay a little extra money and book your vacation ells were!!!. It will be well worth it. We wanted to get away for the weekend. The hotel room came with spider webs and live spiders; you must pay before you stay.
They claim they want you to experience they ways of yester year. I don’t remember my grandmother having a blow dryer in her room. There are no amenities.( TV, stereo,) We never saw this dinning room they say they offer.
We booked the bath, wrap and message. The bathtubs are all very stained, they have rust all around the fixtures and down the spout. They have no tub stoppers just those flat rubber things so my tub kept emptying out. The tub felt gritty when I climbed in.. The linens are torn, and stained. The towels are dirty looking and are very small. After leaving the bath house I went back to my room and showered. I would not recommend this resort to my enemy.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank grumpys
Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2009

I have called a number of times and requested to speak to a manager and have been told each time that one would be in contact with me the next day. I am still waiting and am getting more frustrated and unhappy by the day.
I had reservations to stay at the hotel after our bath and massage on the night the hotel had an electrical fire. I am extremely upset by the way the entire situation was handled and have requested to speak to a manager about what happened. I have not been given the respect as a customer that I believe I deserve. I did get my money back as we didn’t stay at the hotel that night; however I have yet to get an apology. It originally started out as wanting to find out what happened and why we were not given any notice or contact. We had NO idea whether it was safe to stay and there was not a soul in sight. To top that off, I wanted to speak with the manager about the lack of “porch” lighting outside of the rooms. Each room had a light fixture but not a single bulb. Being 4 women alone we did not feel safe whatsoever. Not only was the place roped off, a hotel room door had been left open as if everyone left in a hurry and our stuff was still in the room. We had no way of knowing if the place could blow up or what. A phone call to explain what was happening, whether it was safe to even get our stuff or even a note on our door would have been helpful. Now I’m just plain getting mad that no one can seem to be bothered to listen to my concerns or even apologize for the way things were handled that night. Or should I say with the way things WEREN”T handled that night.
We did have our bath, wrap and massage before the fire ever happened. We did not have anyone explain anything to us, just point us to a tub and leave. When someone would get out of a tub an attendant came in and hosed it down.. that's it. No disinfectant or cleaner whatsoever. Knowing that I was in my tub naked, that is an absolutely disgusting thought.
Good customer service is crucial to a place like Carson Hot Springs. It would be nice to get an apology but having to force it out of them makes it much less appreciated than if it had been given freely. With that said, I do still expect to hear one, eventually. Until then, I strongly suggest to others that they find a different place for their relaxing spa experience.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank jennasaw
Mount Angel, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2008

This is a wonderful place out in the middle of the woods to get away from it all and even better now that there are new accommodations....the best part is, though, that the mineral baths and massages remain the same. It's a place I return to again and again. There is also a new restaurant (only average) and a golf course just down the hill.

• Stayed October 2008
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank jgl1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carson
Columbia Gorge Hotel & Spa
#6 of 8 in Hood River
The Lyle Hotel
The Lyle Hotel
#1 of 1 in Lyle

Been to Carson Hot Springs Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!