We wanted a quiet, romantic weekend at a hot springs resort... we had a terrible time and felt very misled by their web site and by the staff person we spoke with on the phone when we made the reservation for our hotel room. The room was ok... think best western/motel 6 but what we didn't know was that to use the "spa facility" it was an extra charge. And the spa rooms were segregated men & women seperate. My partner said the men's bath house had a bunch of old style bath tubs set very close toghether, no privacy and the attendant cleaning tubs while he was trying to relax....
My experence on the women's side was basically sitting in a bath tub, closed in on all sides by white plastic shower curtains clipped together with an attendent asking every 5 minutes if I was done yet. At one point the attendant began to clean the tub next to mine and I had to get out due to the fumes from the chemical cleaning products she was using... next came the "spa wrap"
which consisted of lying on a plastic mat on a cot and being wrapped in over bleached itchy sheets and an old wool blanket placed on top of me.
Not at all relaxing.... the staff were arguing and talking loudly and hurrying all the women to hurry up and get out....
Also terrible ambiance, bright lights, bare bulbs hanging from ceiling.... it had the feel of a third world hospital emergency room....
Also no real massage tables and I question if the person doing the massage is actually a licensed massage therapist.
Staff were not able to answer questions and I overheard the other women stating their dissatisifaction one guest said "This is just a bath tub, I could do this at home and relax".
We won't be back... the sad thing is there is so much potential but it really missed the mark.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Carson Hot Springs where you will find a fabulous vintage vacation! Enjoy our lobby which is located in the original St. Martin's Hotel, or the rustic simplicity of our 1920's Bath House, or maybe hot tubs filled with our therapeutic mineral water on the balcony of your bedroom! Our rustic retreat is perfect for those who want to unwind, unplug and get away from it all. Activities for the outdoor enthusiast include: rafting, fishing, hiking and biking right out our front door. The newly renovated golf course, Elk Ridge, features amazing views from every hole! Most golfer's have it on their "must play" list and we offer Stay and Play Packages. The Clubhouse serves breakfast, lunch and dinner service to satisfy the hungry traveler. Runaway to Rustic! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Carson Hot Springs Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carson Mineral Hot Springs Hotel Carson
- Carson Hot Springs Washington
- Carson Hot Springs Carson Washington
- Carson Hot Springs Resort
- Carson Hot Springs Golf & Spa Resort Washington