“Fun Family Outing”
Review of Remlinger Farms

Remlinger Farms
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Carnation
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We spent Labor Day at Remlinger Farms and everyone had a wonderful day. The farm has beautiful grounds which you really appreciate as you ride the train around the property. We had four children with us: a 1 year, 18 months, 4 years, and 5 years and five adults. There was something for everyone. The children rode the ponies, roller coaster, flying pumpkins, old fashion cars, Ferris wheel, and the spinning barrels. Adults can ride most of the rides and no one has to be tall enough to ride. The animals, the hay barn, and the digging were also a big hit. We found the food to be very good and you received a huge portion. I personally had the Ruben sandwich which was served on very nice pumpernickel, it had extremely lean meat, I hate any fat on meat, and it was delicious. Others had the chicken salad which was huge with candied nuts and raspberry dressing, enough for two and it was also delicious. My son-in-law said that he would go there just for the salad. We also had grilled cheese, turkey, a wrap, and a cheeseburger. Everyone enjoyed their meal. The drinks are serve yourself, so you can get seconds. They serve Coke products including real apple juice. The people are friendly and we will return. Soon they will open their fall activities: pumpkins, hay ride and a maze. It was a good way to end the summer.

1  Thank KathyG31
"pumpkin patch"
in 5 reviews
"peach pie"
in 2 reviews
"picnic tables in the shade"
"great farm"
in 10 reviews
"animals"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I recently took my 21 month old daughter to Remlinger Farms for a morning of playtime and berry picking. We arrived about a half hour after they opened and there was a line to pay and get in so maybe get there a little before they open or wait an hour.
The place is kind of like a theme park for little kids. There were 5 rides (a roller coaster my daughter was too young for, a pumpkin round and round ride, a mini ferris wheel which we were also a little young for, a choo choo train that was great, a model T car ride that was a bog hit, and one other twirly ride. Only one adult can go with the child on most of the rides because of low weight limits.
There were a few food stands where you could buy hot dogs, pizza and ice cream. Lots of picnic tables too. I brought a bunch of snacks and enjoyed them at a shady table.
There's a small petting zoo area with a few goats, sheep, a pig and some chickens. You can use the coin operated machines to buy food to feed to the animals.
We stayed for about an hour and a half at which point my little one was ready to leave. We drove to the front of the farm where they had a U-Pick Raspberry field and spent another 45 minutes wandering through the field picking berries. My daughter loved that!
Overall the place was fun and we will probably visit one more time before the season ends.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

May have been the worse food I've had in years. Ordered 3 different lunches for a total of $35. Portabello burger, ranch chicken sandwich, ruben sandwich. All were greasy, the chicken had soggy fatty bacon on it and the ruben is served on some weird pumpernickel bread. We each ate less than 1/4 of our lunch. This place is good for toddlers and offered a few rides. Lots of animals for them to see and things to climb on, however it's really really hard to push strollers and wheelchairs on gravel. There are some paved paths and those are easy to navigate. The train ride has a handicapped ramp to get you on the train and the conductor is a great help, however getting there through the gravel is a feat in itself. There aren't any other rides adaptable to disabled as you have to step up to get on many of them. The farmers market is overpriced. The peaches had no smell. Consignment items were very high priced. First and last visit. Good thing I had a groupon!

1  Thank april61997
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We have gone here the past three years (always with a groupon since it is pricey otherwise) and we always have a good time. The kids love all the little rides they have and that is where we spend most of our day. They have a good variety of things to do so the kids didn't get bored. The petting zoo is nice and there are plenty of animals to pet. And of course the Pony rides are always a hit. All in all it is a good place to bring younger kids.

1  Thank barcb
See more reviews
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

I visited Remlinger Farm yesterday with my family, 2 kids ages 2 years and 3 months, and we had a great time. Loved the clean, beautiful grounds. There was many interesting things to keep my toddlers attention like animals, sand pit, tractors and cars to climb on including a fire truck and school bus. My husband and I were impressed with the ride selection, although I'd say its geared towards young kids under 8 or so. Lets put it this way my 2 year old rode everything and liked it, kept saying more and stayed up way past his nap having fun, it was perfect for him. The roller coaster is a nice small size, although my husband did comment on it being a rough ride. We enjoyed the train, antique cars and pumpkins the best. We also ate at the restaurant which was very yummy, it did take awhile for food to come out but they do have grab and go options (salads, cold sandwiches, cup of soup) if you don't want a hot meal (burgers, hot sandwiches etc). They also had a nice sized kid meal for $5.95 including drink- they had all the normal kid stuff pb and j, grilled cheese, burger, chicken strips etc. The dining room is great for groups and has motorized trains driving above. There's also a great under 6 play area near the bathrooms that has a soft big train toy and train tables. Overall I found this place to be a great value, no tickets or anything to do attractions which is a huge bonus. I also should mention that pony rides are included too, they are very nice and not your typical round and round a circle ride, they actually walk the kids around a course. Parents are able to walk next to pony if needed. There's also a great hay maze and jump too help get the wiggles out if the entire rest of the park hasn't already. I'd highly recommend Remlinger Farms, especially the family fun center, to me it's a great place to spend the day with my young children and its geared towards them. I see us coming here a bunch for the next 5-8 years or so ;)

1  Thank CourtKel