“Dinner”

Roots Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Roots Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 56 Restaurants in Camas
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 192nd
Description: Fresh, seasonal and local food.
Vancouver, Washington
“Dinner”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Had an excellent dinner at Roots last night. I split a Spinach salad with fried oysters with a friend who had ordered the Chicken with ham and beans. The food was as per usual, excellent. We sat outside in the courtyard which is okay but somewhat noisy and having the trash bins close by was somewhat disconcerting. The service was good but not exceptional. I had a chipped glass and would have preferred they remove the glass and beer in it and replace it rather than handing me a different glass. My recommendation is go there for the food, eat indoors and be prepared for a little wait since everything is fresh and takes a little longer to prepare.

• Visited August 2014

California, USA
“Good food in the neighborhood.”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

This restaurant tucked into this suburban strip mall had a surprisingly diverse menu, with focus on fresh vegetables. The halibut special was great, and the thick pork chop was cooked to perfection. The vegetable sides were fantastic. The desserts were good. The service was more appropriate for a hospital, with overuse of the "royal we" and dishes whisked away while we were still chewing. Noise level was very high even through there were not a lot of patrons.

Spokane, Washington
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I took my daughter to Roots for a Mother's Day dinner and it was very nice. Ambience, friendly/helpful staff and the presentation was 1st class! The beet salad served on a bed of green horseradish was not my daughter's favorite, but it was truly a BEET salad and I liked it. The halibut was cooked perfectly, flaky and moist. Scallop appetizers were sweet & succulent. Dessert was a very tasty warm rhubarb crisp. The wine selection was excellent, albeit way too high priced. Unless the owner is courting wealthy clients, prices should be reduced at all levels.

Vancouver, Washington
“Good Food Ruined by Terrible Service”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

The hostess was pleasant but our server dropped the ball on every level.

My dining companion ordered the beet salad and the salmon. I had the soup and fish and chips.

The bread didn't come out until my soup did, both of which were placed in front of me with no comment whatsoever. No offer of fresh pepper. After waiting a couple of minutes for the salad, we asked the hostess where it was and then (a few minutes later), after it failed to materialize, we asked the waitress, who told us that she thought we had ordered the salad with the salmon "on top of it". Not sure what that meant but a few minutes later, well after I finished my soup, the salad arrived. The mains were presented while the salad was still being eaten.

Not once during our meal did the server stop to offer us a refill of water (or other beverages), ask us how the food was or apologize for the mistake.

My empty soup bowl sat in front of me for 10 minutes as did my plate when I was through.

Great food but that is not the whole dining experience. iHop provides better service.

2 Thank Drewmc50
Brush Prairie, Washington
“Nice Place - Worth another Visit”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Been here for Breakfast as well as late night drinks and snacks. Liked it and want to go back again for another experience. Good food, a little pricy, and friendly service.

Visited July 2013