“Over Priced”

Harvest
Cuisines: American, European, French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in downtown Camas, WA, Harvest serves comfort, casual food with a modern twist. And of course kid friendly.
Bay Area
“Over Priced”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This restaurant, which describes itself as "fine dining" is way overpriced. I went in to get a simple dinner and glass of wine. The cheapest wine by the glass was $11. And it wasn't eve very good wine. I was the only customer in the place... I think they'd do better with a more varied menu with a range of prices.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank BayAreaKololia
OliversCamas, Manager at Harvest, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
I'm sorry you did not enjoy the glass of Pinot Noir you selected to take upstairs just before we closed for the evening. One of the reasons we pour a taste for our guests as we would do if they purchased a bottle is to ensure they are happy with the choice they have made - which also provides an opportunity to make another selection if they do not enjoy it at that point.

Stating $11 was the cheapest glass of wine available is not quite correct. Our glass pour list has seven cheaper wines available at $7, $8, $9 or $10 per glass.

It is very important to us we receive comments good and bad about the food and wine that we provide and we thank you for yours. Should we receive more disappointing comments about this wine that has been on our list for several months now we will certainly replace it.

Washougal, Washington
“Food is good, but it takes forever to get it.”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I will not visit this restaurant again. The reason is that I usually visit a restaurant because I am hungry. By the time I got my food at this place, I was ravenous. It takes an hour to get your salad, and the main course even longer. The food is good, but not good enough for the long wait. I also was not happy with the value for the money. I visited with friends for lunch, the first time I came here, and ordered chips with my sandwich. Because this is supposed to be a gourmet place, and because the charge for the chips was $2 above the cost of the sandwich, I was expecting something more than a few Ruffles! Neither of my experiences here was positive. I won't be returning.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Mamashu
“Good food...artistically presented”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Only wish there were more than one vegetarian entree

1 Thank Caralyzer
Vancouver, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic cuisine!”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

One of the best meals I've ever had. A bit pricey but worth every penny. Make reservations!

Visited February 2012
University Place, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lounge”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Excellent martini......the bartender was wonderful

Visited January 2012