“Camano Island Inn (Bed and Breakfast) Camno Island Washington”
Review of Camano Island Inn

Camano Island Inn
Reviewed November 28, 2010

My husband and I spent the weekend at the Camano island inn on Camano island in Washington state. It was perfect, very relaxing and romantic. The rooms were very cozy, the bed was just perfect and we had a great view of the water. We ate dinner at the restaurant which was so very very tasty and the breakfasts were amazing. We will go back again and again because it was so nice-the massages we had were a great addition to our trip. We highly recommend the Inn.

1  Thank jjnktl

Reviewed October 1, 2010

My wife and I heard about this place from a few of our friends, and decided to give it a try. I have to say, the views were extraordinary! The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly, our room was beautifully decorated and clean, and my wife and I decided to try out the on-site spa. The spa services were by far the best we have had, both nights we had dinner in the bistro, and it was fantastic! All around the service was 5-Star.

We didn't want to leave, and cannot wait to visit again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mcbomber
Reviewed September 26, 2010

The sheets were too small for the bed and were inside out. The toilet was dirty and did not work. The feces by the toilet handle was not even removed when the owner repaired the inoperable handle. Operators seems very inexperienced in the hospitality business. Only one set of towels were provided for a room rented for two. The source of ice was an open bag in a dirty refrigerator/freezer into which bare hands dipped. The yard was poorly kept and filled with weeds, hardly a place to hold a wedding. The food was very good.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Nelle0
Reviewed September 19, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay of 3 nights. Owner, Kathy, and her crew are trying very hard, but they miss some details. This didn't bother us, but it may bug others. We hung our towels on the shower curtain rod, because the towel hooks were still in the store packages, waiting to be hung. But the room was very clean and with nice linens and furniture. Still, I wish we had 2ply TP and a coffee maker in the room.

Breakfast was good, but a little casual on the service. We only ate dinner there once, the food was good, but overpriced. But Camano and Stanwood aren't the millionaire playgrounds as Orcas Island -- it's still a real farming community. Culture out there is a little different, and so are standards. Given all that, I would recommend this charming inn to anybody.

If you ask, very nicely, they might let you bring your dog. It's not on their website, but they might. The beach had more seashells than I have ever, ever seen.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Auntie_Ir0ny
Reviewed August 26, 2010

Pro: Beautiful setting
Cons: Poor service at breakfast despite registering complaint previous day, poor food quality as in greasy, cold and taste. Debris across lobby floor plus debris cans exposed and full (wine bottles, etc.) both days made place seem less than clean. Coffee area was a mess, coffee splattered and burned on coffee maker, used grounds sitting in garbage can right below machine, fingerprints all over glass door entrance to kitchen which is visible to guests in room five and six. Room five carpets appeared dirty, brown spots plus white bleach stains. Very thin towels in bathroom (seemed like dish towels). Soap and shampoo dispenser in bath tub reminded me of an athletic club locker room. White tile bath floor looked dirty. 12 to 18 inch weeds growing in planter area off the deck. Reading lamps over bed seemed cheap (home depot?) and cord was exposed down the wall. Door locks to enter room were difficult to operate (had to assist a senior guest who couldn't get her door open). Bed's are too high off the ground, difficult to exit and enter. Staff was nice but completely unprofessional: one server that brought our food had food all over the front of his shirt, repeatedly had to ask for napkins, silverware, coffee, etc... Overall, a real let down from other B&B's that we have stayed. We were told that pets were not allowed so we boarded our small dog 15 miles away then I met a guest who had his golden retriever staying with him in his room. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Excel29
Reviewed August 19, 2010

My wife and I took a day trip to camano island inn to have a quick get away vacation. The views are absolutely fabulous and the staff was wonderful. The food was literally the best steak I have ever eaten and my wifes Lamb was just as she remembered from her homeland of New Zealand. The chef's food was spot on and I would highly recommend the Camano Island Inn to all of my closest friends and relatives. If you need a "quick" get way from the hustle and bussel of the city lights come to Camano Island and enjoy the 5 star food and have a glass of wine enjoying the outstanding views of the sound.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank james5368
Reviewed June 12, 2010

While the scenery was beautiful and we had a wonderful day despite all of the problems we had with some of the inn staff; I just cannot recommend the inn as a place to host an event.
The chef was hostile to me and wrote me horrible insulting, personnel emails to me. He was very unprofessional. Most of the time he looked very unkept and at breakfast, the morning after the wedding, he looked like he just rolled out of bed. He also embarrassed me in front of my guests by coming in and telling me loudly at the table that, "Just how many more people were there going to be for breakfast because that was going to be $10.00 per plate?" I quietly said that was fine; but I thought what a jerk . Granted he no longer works there; I still feel that it is a reflection on the inn owners and the choices that they make in hiring the staff.
While we were setting up for our event, the staff decided to take a 45 minute break and while I understand that people need a break and at the time I told them that was fine. I realized after they left, that they had not set up the chairs for the wedding and my friends and family had to do this for me. I had paid for set-up and while they did somethings just fine, chair set-up was supposed to be their job. I also realized just how much someone needed to be available to us through this process. Things got confusing as there was only the chef in the kitchen to ask anything of.
We had a buffet for dinner, I did not realize that my guests were going to have to get their own drinks. The waitress didn't even put water at the table. When I asked her about drink choices such as pop, tea and what about water for my guests, she just looked and sounded confused.
It wasn't one big thing that caused my concern with the inn but rather many smaller things and the unprofessionalism of the chef. But my biggest complaint has been from the start, that they were disorganized and do not have a good plan for hosting events. I witnessed on my many back and forth visits to the inn, prior to the wedding, that some of the staff just seemed too lazy or tired. And they chose not to open the inn because they just didn't want to deal with the public. It didn't speak well of their hospitality or professionalism. The owners rely too heavily on a skeleton staff to run the place. I really is sad because this is a wonderful venue. The view is fabulous. The inn is charming and cute. But the owners need to step it up.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
#1 of 4 in La Conner
Sea Mist Waterfront Inn
Sea Mist Waterfront Inn
#1 of 4 in Camano Island

Been to Camano Island Inn? Share your experiences!