Camano Island Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Tyee(Coupeville)
  • Restaurant
Oak Harbor Inn(Oak Harbor)
View Hotel
Auld Holland Inn(Oak Harbor)
Swan Hotel(Port Townsend)
View Hotel
All reviewshot tubfarm to tablestate parknext morningcomfortable bedcouple of nightsbreakfast was includedwater viewa wonderful stayfireplacekathytubsgrouponseattle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 19, 2010

My wife and I took a day trip to camano island inn to have a quick get away vacation. The views are absolutely fabulous and the staff was wonderful. The food was literally the best steak I have ever eaten and my wifes Lamb was just as she remembered from her homeland of New Zealand. The chef's food was spot on and I would highly recommend the Camano Island Inn to all of my closest friends and relatives. If you need a "quick" get way from the hustle and bussel of the city lights come to Camano Island and enjoy the 5 star food and have a glass of wine enjoying the outstanding views of the sound.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank james5368
Reviewed June 12, 2010

While the scenery was beautiful and we had a wonderful day despite all of the problems we had with some of the inn staff; I just cannot recommend the inn as a place to host an event.
The chef was hostile to me and wrote me horrible insulting, personnel emails to me. He was very unprofessional. Most of the time he looked very unkept and at breakfast, the morning after the wedding, he looked like he just rolled out of bed. He also embarrassed me in front of my guests by coming in and telling me loudly at the table that, "Just how many more people were there going to be for breakfast because that was going to be $10.00 per plate?" I quietly said that was fine; but I thought what a jerk . Granted he no longer works there; I still feel that it is a reflection on the inn owners and the choices that they make in hiring the staff.
While we were setting up for our event, the staff decided to take a 45 minute break and while I understand that people need a break and at the time I told them that was fine. I realized after they left, that they had not set up the chairs for the wedding and my friends and family had to do this for me. I had paid for set-up and while they did somethings just fine, chair set-up was supposed to be their job. I also realized just how much someone needed to be available to us through this process. Things got confusing as there was only the chef in the kitchen to ask anything of.
We had a buffet for dinner, I did not realize that my guests were going to have to get their own drinks. The waitress didn't even put water at the table. When I asked her about drink choices such as pop, tea and what about water for my guests, she just looked and sounded confused.
It wasn't one big thing that caused my concern with the inn but rather many smaller things and the unprofessionalism of the chef. But my biggest complaint has been from the start, that they were disorganized and do not have a good plan for hosting events. I witnessed on my many back and forth visits to the inn, prior to the wedding, that some of the staff just seemed too lazy or tired. And they chose not to open the inn because they just didn't want to deal with the public. It didn't speak well of their hospitality or professionalism. The owners rely too heavily on a skeleton staff to run the place. I really is sad because this is a wonderful venue. The view is fabulous. The inn is charming and cute. But the owners need to step it up.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank innvisitor2
Reviewed April 16, 2010

We chose this inn for our annual staff retreat (from Seattle) and it worked out perfectly. The location is wonderful; the beds are very comfortable; the staff is helpful; and the chef is flexible. I would recommend renting the whole space for a work function or a family reunion.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2010

Thanks for helping make our 44th annivery special. Beautiful location, comfortable and relaxing accomodations, delicious dinner, friendly and service oriented staff - Dave and Josie

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2010

My son and daughter in law stayed in room 1, with the giant jacuzzi tub surrounded by candles and orchids, with private deck and loveseat by the window. We stayed in room 7 which is upstairs with a breathtaking view, a private fireplace, huge jetted tub for two and overstuffed feather bed. The food was amazing. We sat by the outdoor fireplace under the gazebo to watch the sunset and my son and daughter in law even had breakfast in bed. We came out and had ours in the dining room by the fireplace overlooking the ocean. Breakfast was classic French Toast with a twist, fresh fruit, scones, fresh orange juice, bacon and eggs, the works. The chef visited with us as we finished up breakfast and gave us tips on how to spend the day. We will be back for whale watching season soon.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family