“Relax, Refresh, and Re-charged!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Camano Island Inn

Camano Island Inn
Seattle
“Relax, Refresh, and Re-charged!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

After several dreadful long overworking days/nights, I decided to do a little getaway in weekend. Too tired to wait for the ferry to Whidbey island, I found Camano Island Inn and decided to give it a shot (and am still very happy about my decision). I filled out the online "contact me" form and got the reply from Kathy, the Manager @ Camano Inn promptly. After talking about the price / package .. etc, I packed my bag and headed there on the very same day. So, what did I get?

1) A king size waterfront view room (great view for sunset, see photo)
2) In room jacuzzi (room #1) which I can still enjoy the water view (it is a very good size jacuzzi -- I'm 5"9 and I can submerge myself in and still not reaching the other end of the tub ..!!),
3) Waterfront view balcony with comfy furniture -- I just laid on the sofa, listening the sound of waves and birds singing, warm sunshine, and light breeze ...
4) Well presented delicious breakfast (see photo),
5) Hot stone massage
6) Non rush check in / check out flexibility

The room is very clean, quiet, and in good size. Even though the restaurant is next to my room, I didn't hear a thing. Bed is a little soft but it won't affect my sleep at all. Due to my budget, I didn't enjoy the dinner @ the restaurant. But they do have a small kitchen with fridge and microwave upstairs that you can use. You can also walk to the beach easily (less than 1 min walk). Believe it or not, I'm pretty sure I saw a seal right after sunset.

Massage was great too. Kathleen gave me a very through and effective hot stone massage. My job requires me to sit @ computer for long hours so my neck and shoulder are very stiff. As a matter of fact, my leg cramped a bit but after the massage, seriously, the stiffness is gone and so does the sore of my leg. Massage Magic!!!

All in all, I'm very happy with my stay @ Camano Island Inn and I'm very sure I'll come back again. -- Swandi

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank SwandiMeow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Bremerton, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

The view, the room, the food and the people were just perfect.

Room Tip: We toured the other rooms and any would be perfect.
Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

Stayed in the jacuzzi room #1. Very comfortable. The staff was very accomidating. My wife has dietary needs and the Chief was great at substiuting items on the menu. The salmon is to die for!!!!!!! Will stay again......

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

First, I lets start off by I work really work super hard and when I want a vacation for my wedding anniversary I want one. The last two years they sucked and I was pissed. I was determined to take a nice vacation and it's holy crap I finally got one so here is what happened.

We arrived and I absolutely love the view of the water. So I was happy there. The innkeepers and the waitstaff were extremely friendly! Very kindly after first checking us in and then taking us on a tour of everything in the B&B. We decided to skip the dinner that first night but it was extremely aromatic and could tell it would have been something we would have enjoyed. So back to it, they checked us into room 4 which is absolutely beautiful!!! With a wonderful soft peach color scheme, it was just nice compliment to how we wanted to feel this weekend. The tv was small but to be honest I really don't care to sit in on such a nice day and just watch tv (but they do have a huge tv upstairs if u do want to watch it). Finally, step out on the deck and get into that soft tub hot tub! I absolutely fell in love with that thing! My back is tired from doing nursing work and man that and receiving a hot stone massage from the girl who works on Saturdays got my circulation going and reawakened the feeling of old tired bones even though I am only 30....
The bed is something I was more than happy to sleep on the pillows were the true fluffy that cushioned and held your head like a cradle to a baby and the comforter was just super warm and cozy, I even loved the pillow top they put on the mattress to make even softer. I felt like I was sleeping in my home and that was what I wanted since the last two hotels we stayed at I thought I was sleeping on a mix of cardboard and plywood. This room was amazingly comfortable and was able to sleep through the night without waking up all hours of the night for once.
There is something that the inn offered that no place in Seattle could offer and it was so amazing that I went out every night to look at it.... STARS!!! Get in the hot tub, turn off the deck light first of course and then look up. One of my favorite things to do is actually see stars! Yes, you can see a few stars in Seattle, but not like this! No light pollution means you can see all of them in their glory just floating above you! It was just amazing, you could even point out full constellations!! That was something truly special to me, I felt I haven't seen a lot of stars like that in years and I love that this place is more secluded so you can enjoy something as small as that.
You can drive to Stanwood for dinner if you want something a little cheaper, but stay and grab your breakfast from the inn because they did not disappoint either of the two days we were there. The also have a kitchen that you can cook your own food upstairs if you choose. The rooms were quiet and we not disturbed by people getting into their jacuzzi's also and because we were in room 4 were the furthest into the motel so had the most privacy plus only one neighbor to our right which was also a plus. It was quiet, peaceful and so relaxing to just get away from all the hustle and bustle of the busy cities. It was so easy finally get the peace and quiet I had been craving the last three years! Thank you so much and I am happy to return when I want to get away from it all, have some peace and quiet, and finally see some stars.
I also really want to thank Bobbi for the extra friendly treatment and getting us anything we needed and my masseuse Kathleen for the wonderful massage(also a note she has been doing massage for 26 years and hot stone massage for 12 of those years also(she can really knock some kinks out!!)), but truly all the staff is extremely polite, professional, and courteous, and it would be wonderful for the rest of you to get out here to experience the hot tubbing, king size bed of room 4!!

A little hint of activities you go do: canopy tours on the zip line which sounds awesome, and there is kayaking at Cama beach bring your discovery pass for that. Also, lots of bike riding trails also, or just be lazy and walk on the beach less than 200 feet from your room.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Denise D
Redmond, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The food is superb. Great time would return

Tacoma, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

We only got to spend one night at the Camano Island Inn, but we really enjoyed it. The dining room is set up as a cozy restaurant and the food was wonderful. The staff seem to really enjoy their jobs, which always makes a big difference. We hope to visit this Inn again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

We live in beautiful Victoria, BC on Vancouver Island. Although it's sunny here most of the summer, rainy winter days prompt us to explore the Pacific Northwest. When Bloomspot advertised a getaway to Camano Island Inn, our daughter snapped it up and gave it to us as a wonderful Xmas present. Camano Island Inn staff were very helpful in arranging this surprise and even mailed us brochures of Island activities.

The drive from Vancouver, BC to Camano Island is around 1.5hr and we took advantage of minimal border lineups when travelling mid-week. The Inn is on the west coast of Camano Island, near two State parks and on a bluff overlooking the Saratoga Passage, Whidbey Island and glimpses of the Olympic Mountains.

Our corner room with a King size bed was comfortable with luxurious bed linens. We took advantage of the guest lounge deck to watch birds and later relax on big sofas to read and watch TV.

The dinner was customized to our special dietary needs and the portions were sensible. The main course shrimp was cooked perfectly and the dessert custard...well maybe it could have been larger because it was so tasty.

Despite the rainy weather, we enjoyed walking trails in Cama Beach State Park, spotting bald eagles and snapping photos of picturesque ocean views as we drove around Camano Island.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
#2 of 2 in Camano Island
The Coachman Inn & Suites
The Coachman Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Oak Harbor

Been to Camano Island Inn? Share your experiences!