“Great start!”
Review of Collective On Tap - CLOSED

Collective On Tap
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Great start!”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Been coming here for about 3 months now. Usually on Sundays. My husband's only day off. Really enjoy the huge beer selection. Always try the flight. Bartender/waiter is fast & helpful. Last week Sunday we got there around two & he played my husband blues. Thoughtful. Really enjoy the pork taco's & the pulled pork. Place smells like heaven when you walk in. So far have tried the pizza (very good) & a few app's. Not disappointed. Kitchen is small so they do best they can. Heard rumor they want to expand into area next door. Just recently tried dinner. Place was quite busy but we were very well taken care of by Jake. He was efficient , cute with a good personality for place like this. Better than local young girls we've had who don't move fast.
We will be back many times. Glad to have this new addition to the Island.Much better then what is now the Lodge.

Camano Island, Washington
“Service needs improvement-Food Great!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I was excited to see this place open & finally had a chance to stop for lunch. Sunny day...I sat outside. Waitress came & asked if I was 'going to sit outside'....well...yeah. She said she'd be right back with a menu. I waited, & waited...waited...finally went inside where she was stacking glasses.... 'oh, are you going to eat inside?'. No! I'm waiting for a menu!! Picked my selection...Heavenly Spread with Naan. Waited & waited. I have to say I was getting pretty disgusted until my selection came. It was served in a little individual ramekin that had been broiled & was EXCELLENT. I think I had just become impatient after the fist go 'round. Altho, when she picked up the dirty plates of a couple near me she asked how was it?....and the woman said 'great, but you forgot the almonds on top'! Maybe she should do the Sarah Palin thingy & write it in her palm. I will go back....love the choice of 3 beer sampler, altho I couldn't do it on my visit. I read they will 'fry no food' so if you love fried food...not your place!

1 Thank islandgryl
Seattle, Washington, United States
“A refreshing surprise!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

It's been a long time since I have looked forward to dining out on Camano Island. We spend quite a bit of time there, and until Collective on Tap have been pretty underwhelmed by the choices. Since this place was new this year, we couldn't resist the urge to give it a try.

We were pleasantly surprised! The atmosphere is low-key, informal, relaxed. The service is friendly, personal and professional. We sat outside on a pleasant August day and enjoyed the experience so much we can back three more times that week.

The beer selections is outstanding with a couple of dozen offerings on tap. The wine list reasonable, but not extensive (or expensive).

We found the menu to have a good balance, with some innovative offerings with quite reasonable pricing. The food shows great care and creativity, really beyond what one would expect from a Pub or Taproom. Something we came back for each visit was a naan appetizer featuring a gorgonzola, walnut, fig spread that was habit forming.

We'll be back. And back. It's really and easy choice.

MN
“Menu listings not available”
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Looked like a nice setting but I'd avoid the place if you want to have anything more than beer
I ordered a soup listed on the today's special. Waitress gave us a funny look and came back to tell us it was a mistake and today's soup was something different. Husband ordered a sandwich from the regular menu. The waitress came back to tell us the bread wasn't thawed out yet. When were they planning to do that?

Camano Island, Washington
“great selection of beer and good food”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

they have an ever-changing great selection of microbrews. even my friends who don't normally drink beer, found beers they liked and are going back to try others. the food is good, the mac and cheese is decadent. the pulled pork sandwich is very good. and my friends who just eat salad found the salads were good and filling. we have gone back several times now.

• Visited July 2014