“wheeeeeeeee had a great time zipping on Camano Island”

Canopy Tours Northwest
More attraction details
Owner description: Breathtaking Forest Adventures Set in a beautiful Pacific Northwest forest, Canopy Tours Northwest offers 6 ziplines, log bridge and dramatic final descent.
Camano Island, Washington
“wheeeeeeeee had a great time zipping on Camano Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

The weather had been gorgeous until the day we were to zip. It rained the entire time, but it was FABULOUS in the rain. Faster zipping, and we really didn't get that wet. The lush, forested route of the 6 zip lines was a thousand times better than the much more expensive, semi-arid zip we did in Kauai a few years ago. We had a group of 8 friends, they added 2 girls we didn't know, but who fit in our group perfectly. We arrived 30 minutes early and the zip was about 3 hours. Port-a-potties were available and safety was top of their list, next to wonderful customer service. They were especially helpful to my husband with Parkinson's Disease. We live on the Island, nice to have it so close. Many of us are planning to do it again!! Thanks to our guides Nina and Jessie for a day we are still talking about.

New Orleans
“Easy way to enjoy a couple of hours”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

My grandson and I enjoyed Oak and Trout taking us through the paces. Easy walk to the different platforms when you were not going tree to tree. There is a little down time waiting for everyone to zip on, but that is a chance to get to know the others in your group.
A little pricey but as a once in a lifetime experience it was worth it.

Hickory, NC
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Fun experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Safety was clearly #1 priority, as it should be, for this company. Guides were great! Very knowledgeable and fun!

There are 6 zip lines and one tether line as you walk across a little wooden bridge. The area is beautiful, but I had anticipated a bit more of a scenic tour. If you are native to the area (or anywhere that forests are common), it is just zip lining through trees. With a location like Camano Island, I guess I was expecting to be able to zip while taking in the scenery (waterfront, beaches, mountains, etc). The entire tour takes place in the trees that are adjacent to the start location. There is one teeny little creek at one point and, if the weather is clear, you get a good shot at Mount Baker from the first line, but that's it for the view. There are some cute informational signs on the platforms which were fun and interesting to read.

The group we were with had 10 + 2 guides. It was a 2 1/2 hour tour, but we spent probably 2 hours and 15 minutes waiting for all the others in our group to cross. It was fun to share the experience, but it wasn't exactly the 2 1/2 hours of zip lining that I had expected.

All in all it was a good tour, but I doubt I would come back again. It was a nice way to spend a beautiful day (great weather!), but it's not a cheap afternoon by any means.

Port Orchard, Washington
“Cool”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

First time we zip,oned and canopy tours gave us a great first time experience. We will definitely come back. Our guides, Fox and Jesse are awesome!

Atlanta, Georgia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“About 10 minutes of fun and 140 minutes of waiting.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

My friends and I are all our twenties and like adventurous outings so we thought the zip line tour would be a fun activity to do together. The guides are nice and seem knowledgeable, but the fact is that the groups are large, so you spend a lot of time standing around waiting for other people to zip. The actual time spent on the zip line is fun, but for the price we paid, it would be nice to spend more time zipping.

6 Thank Megan M