“It's nice”

Camano Island Waterfront Bistro
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Pacific Northwest cuisine fresh from our culinary farm to table... Our Chef Kris Gerlach has years of culinary experience and is dedicated in providing quality PNW cuisine to our customers. Locally sourced from farmers, ranchers and fishermen whenever possible...the same folks who take the same care in creating the ingredients we use, as we do in creating the dishes we prepare. We believe in respecting the ingredients by letting the natural flavors direct our dishes and menu.
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Nice view. Very nice staff. Food is a bit over rated. I expect top quality for the price they charge. I would go back for a glass of wine and the view. Not a meal however.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

We'd just left our kids' (middle-aged) newly acquired vacation property on Camano, and it was lunch time. I hit the "restaurants near me now" app on my iPhone and once I'd sorted out that Coupeville was on a different island physically "close" but a very long way away by road, the logical choice was this bistro.

Terrific choice. My wife orders fish and chips often and with high expectations; both her fish and fries lived up to them. I had to help her with the fries, of course, and they were perfect; skin on russets properly fried and with great flavor and texture. The fish was fresh and moist, with the lightly battered crust crisp as well. Since I knew I'd have to help with the fries, I ordered light from the vegetarian items (E. Indian), and the dosa and lentil soup was likewise excellent.

Good wine selection at decent prices, even if the server presented them backward to what we'd ordered, but since there was little doubt about which was which it wasn't a problem for us to switch. Otherwise the service was excellent and attentive on this quiet mid-week afternoon.

The bill listed my $8 dosas at $12, so after I'd paid with my credit card I found a menu and asked why the upcharge. The waitress didn't seem flustered, or even surprised, but did apologize, then handed me four one dollar bills out of an envelope she had in her apron, which meant I still paid tax and tipped on the larger amount. I'll read the bill carefully next time I'm here, and whether this was an honest mistake or someone skimming, it did not take away from our terrific lunch in this very pleasant spot. Some reviewer suggested the prices here were a bit high, but certainly at lunch time the prices are excellent. Some of the best fish and chips ever for $10? Tough to beat that.

In summer when they serve on the porch overlooking Saratoga Passage, this place must be just about perfect.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and had tried each other's food and enjoyed our dinners. Nice to have a better choice on the island. We have come for drinks at sundown to enjoy the view of the water and boat traffic.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We had dinner twice and breakfast was part of the package, so we dined twice for breakfast too. Dinner was a little uneven. We especially enjoyed the seafood and the salads. Breakfast Benedict with spinach and crab was our favorite.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

During a two-night stay at the Camano Island Inn with a friend mid-October, I ate a total of two breakfasts, two lunches and two dinners at this restaurant. I made sure to keep changing what I ordered and no matter what we ordered it was absolutely delicious. The dosa pancake and the crab cakes were some of the best food items I have ever tasted in my life. (The mint chutney should be bottled and sold.) Chef Hal Decker is an amazing chef and if everyone could taste his food, this world would certainly be a happier place!

Aside from the food the staff was so friendly and helpful when deciding what to choose and the view of water if you are outside or lucky enough to catch a seat at the gazebo, is amazing.