“Great Service”

Johnny Carino's Italian
Ranked #5 of 86 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: From our signature Handmade Lasagna to our famous Spicy Shrimp and Chicken, Carino's offers Italian
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I have been her about 6 or 7 times. The first time I was not impressed, but that was about 5 years ago. My recent visits including last night have them with great service. They have increased there happy hour which now has great deals on food and beverage. Their bread, oil, and basalmic is outstanding. The general manager is out and about talking to everyone. I am coming more and more.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

We ate here about a year ago, and never went back. We were not impressed.
Received a 'Birthday' certificate in the mail, offering 1 free meal, up to $13.99 value, so thought we would try it again.
We gave the waiter our certificate, as instructed, and ordered our meal, along with salads.
The salads were very plain, and on the small side. After finishing we asked for more, as its offered as endless soup/salad, along with more bread. After about 15 minutes, the new salad arrived with our meal. I guess it takes a long time to put salad in a bowl, and deliver it. Half way through the main course, the waiter said he forgot to bring more bread, and asked if we wanted more. Not now.
I guess delivering any more food then is necessary is their method of operation.
It took about 1 1/2 hours to get in and out. Our waiter seemed to disappear a lot, never around.
When the bill arrived, we were not given credit for the free meal. So after 15 minutes a new check arrived, we paid and departed.
The meals were okay, nothing special, nothing too enticing.
But after the service, taking a long time to get more salad, forgetting to bring more bread, an incorrect tab, okay food - nothing more. So much for a 'free meal', as most entrees are $15 to $20, plus $1.99 for salad.
I see no reason to return. There is nothing redeeming or good to remember, but to 'NOT' come again.

1  Thank TonySeattleWA
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This place is good, no question about it. Big portions, nice hot bread with their signature garlic and olive oil. Kids love it and service is pretty good as well. Highly reccomended!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were 2 couples from British Columbia away for a 2 day shopping weekend. We sat next to the fieplace in the lounge and throughly enjoyed both the coconut shrip, the pasta dishes, the deserts and especially the stellar service and hospitality of our server, Kerry. She had a great sense of humour and made us feel special. I'd give her a 10 out of 10. We'll be sure to visit Kerry at Carino's ... hopefully again soon.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

My friend and I stopped in during Happy Hour for a late lunch and I'm glad we did. We sat in the Fireside lounge which was really nice. The service was attentive and I never had to ask to have my drink refilled. Delicious bread came first with olive oil and toasted garlic. (Although I wasn't a fan of the chewy toasted garlic which stuck in my teeth). We ordered items off the cheaper happy hour menu even though the items were the same as the ones on the regular menu. I had a simple margherita pizza. It was good but not amazing. I would come back for the atmosphere and prices and because there are not a lot of great dining options in Burlington.