“Very poor service.”

Applebee's
Ranked #31 of 86 Restaurants in Burlington
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We usually like visiting this restaurant chain, but the one situated in Bellingham, has put us off Applebees for life!
The hostess tried to seat my family last, from the 4 groups that were in the foyer. We entered the restaurant way before the other groups, yet she chose to ignore this fact, and did not apologize when I pointed this out.
The waitress brought my wife something other than what she ordered. My wife had to wait another 30 minutes for the correct ordered.
The final straw was the restaurant wanted to charge us for both the incorrect order AND the item we ordered. You would expect a free dessert or similar in these circumstances, but not at this Applebee's.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We ate here to miss the rush hour traffic on our way to Bellevue, WA. We ordered off of their half price appetizer menu. The food was good.

Surprisingly, the cheese sticks had 8 on each plate - would have order just one had we known.
The potato skins were thick, but could have come with a little more sour cream.
The mini slider burgers had 3 on each plate, and were decent.

The staff was friendly. Almost stopped by on the way home, but was not hungry when we drove by.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Our server was awesome. He listened, made suggestions and even split our salad for us in the kitchen. The food was really good and I wish I could go back again for those amazing wonton taco's and the great salad.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

I have tried (tried) to find something to like about Applebees but it keeps coming back to two words: institutional food. Bleh. Salty. Tough. Overdone. Salty. Bleh. Nothing memorable other than my sodium count (on dessert !) going through the roof. Service was horrid (chaotic), no soul or character to the place. Went twice - waste of money.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

Last week we at breakfast at Applebees. I had biscuits and gravy, bacon and eggs. Other than the "over easy" being "over too easy" it was a decent breakfast and the service was very good. Today we went back and I again ordered the same thing. It took forever to get the food and forever for my wife to get her coffee - and the creme was forgotten. When they delivered my breakfast I could see something was wrong. Instead of a generous dumping of sausage gravy on the two biscuits there was a measly tablespoon only atop each biscuit of - country gravy - no sausage lumps. After pointing this out to the server finally about 10 minutes later a side bowl of sausage gravy was delivered - which was like it should have been. At least this salvaged my breakfast. I had boycotted Applebees for years due to poor food quality and service. I am not sure what to think now.