“Great little spot!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Lexington, Virginia
“Great little spot!”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We went here for lunch one day and were very glad we did! It's an unassuming place, but the staff was very friendly and service was fast. the food was fresh tasting and very well made. There was a selection of salsas that were quite good as well. We'd definitely go back!

• Visited March 2014

island bound
“Best Mexcian food I've had in a long time!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The Pacific Northwest is not known for it's Mexican cuisine. So when I was there I googled best Mexican food in Burlington and there it was so decided to give it a shot. We weren't disappointed.
It's painted with bright colors on the outside so you can't miss it. You order at the counter , pay there and take a seat with number in hand. You get chips and their excellent salsa first . I had a wet burrito made with shredded carnitas.( however it tasted like the bbq pork but it was so good it didn't matter..) also stuffed with beans,rice,a little guac.and some pico de gallo covered with a very familiar tasting canned enchilada sauce. DH had Deluxe shredded chicken taco salad.Not a bite was left and that's one I haven't seen in years! Lots of chicken, not too much lettuce, pico de gallo , guac, sour cream, all the usual stuff only better tasting. It's worth the drive. Service is top notch. They had a steady flow of people the whole time we were there.

• Visited February 2014
Langford, Canada
“Great Mexican food”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Decided to give this place a try since we always like to try Mexican when in the US. We were not dissapointed. Ambiance is nothing to write home about but the food was excellent. Great choices, I went with the flautas and my wife had a steak burrito, which was so big she could not finish it but raved about it. I ate mine up, excellent beans to go along with the flautas which were hot and full of chicken. We would come back next time we are down Burlington way.

• Visited December 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Best Mexican food in the area!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We have been eating here for years (when it was Tacos Guaymas) and the new name has not changed the food (thank goodness- why fix it if it isn't broken). I often cannot decide which to order the huge 'wet chili verde burrito" or the very delicious fish tacos or the tortilla soup... or or or... you can't really go wrong. The salsa bar is a nice touch... not 'fine' dining but everything is delicious ,either eaten at the restaurant or taken to go. Definitely would recommend.

• Visited August 2013
Bellingham, Washington
“Mexican at it's best in Burlington WA”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I’ve been eating for years. The original name was “Tacos Guyamas,” of which there are a few in the Seattle metro area. This one is owned by one of the brothers who it seems wanted to go it alone. While I’ve eaten at the others this one does have the better food and menu.

This place was one of the first real Mexican food joints in the Burlington/Mt. Vernon area. While others have come along, including a few good trucks this is still my favorite. Family run, very nice people.

They have a good salsa bar, with a nice variety. One of my favorite menu items is the “Wet” Chili Verde” burrito. Filled with big chunks of pork, rice, beans, etc. and all topped off with green salsa. Their tacos (soft shell, street type) are all very good, simple and outright cheap.

I also frequently get the “piscado frito” often, deep-fried whole tilapia with sides. And if you like tamales you won’t likely be disappointed with theirs. On this most recent visit I had the chili relleno (pictured).

There are very convenient to get to if you are in Skagit County going up or down the I-5 corridor. Just use the Hwy 20 exit go about one minute east and they are right on the NEC of Burlington Blvd. (pro tip -- Be in the second lane to make your left turn onto Burlington Blvd then you’ll be right at their driveway, or else you’ll have to circle the block!)

Point your GPS to: