WINNER WONDERLAND

Candlewood Suites Burlington
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Burlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bend, Oregon
“Brand new hotel and great choice.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Seattle hotels sold out so was given suggestion for this hotel from competitor. Was headed north anyway so decided to try it. It's like a Residence Inn with the kitchenette, full fridge, but not a separate bedroom. Nice desk, free internet. I would definitely stay here again. Great Japanese steakhouse 50 yards away. Several stores within 2 blocks. Downside is no breakfast available and no ice machine or vending machines. Ice maker in fridge in room but takes time to make ice. I would definitely stay here again. Very pleasant front desk lady.

Room Tip: Don't think any location would be better or worse.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DrummerD2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
The Woodlands, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

I've stayed at a couple of Candlewood Suites in the past but this one was leaps & bounds above those experiences. Room was very clean, bright, and new. Bathroom layout was incredibly convenient and accessible. Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. They even accommodated a late check out! Nearby many restaurants and shopping. Highly recommend this hotel!!
Only suggestion is the hotel is a bit off the street and their sign is difficult to see. So look up on map to know exact location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Therese L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Burlington, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Texas_Gypsie,

I appreciate that you took the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Thanks for all the great things you had to say about us! We are addressing the limited signage, and your comment indicates that more can be done. I hope that we see you again during your next visit.
Bethany Beach, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I had a very bad experience with a Bellingham vacation rental, real nightmare, and came in to the Candlewood very frazzled. Alana at the front desk could not have been kinder to me. I booked for about 3 weeks, and cannot have been more pleased. At one point I developed vertigo and Alana, who was off duty, picked up some dramamine for me, which was a real rescue and clearly above and beyond the call of duty.

Besides the kindness I experienced, this place is truly outstanding: Impeccably clean, beautiful studio room, with super-comfy bed, nice linens, and a near full-size kitchen (no oven). Very nice layout to the room. Great soundproofing. Very quiet. Everyone that I met working here was excellent, Fred, and Jaime come to mind. I think I would just rent here if I was driving to the area again, guaranteed great experience (unlike my internet booked vacation rental!).

I have traveled a lot throughout the US on business, and this place is a real standout. Very thankful I stumbled upon in!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms would be good, I selected the back of the building for the view of trees. You...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

This hotel is extremely clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. My room was very spacious The work table is large, which I must have in order to do my work. The internet signal is excellent. The only drawback is that you don't have daily maid service because it is an extended stay facility. It's located near several restaurants in Burlington. There are more good restaurants 10 minutes away in Mount Vernon. There is no pool but it does offer a nice exercise room and business center.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Armstrong, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We couldn't get a room in Bellingham so we ended up booking a room in Burlington. When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised by the newness and freshness of the building. When we checked in there was a mistake made with the reservation. We had reserved a "King" room and were given a "Queen". After explaining to the lady at the front desk how we had reserved through the central booking phone number she very graciously apologized and gave us a double Queen for no extra charge. If I were to stay there again I think I would book directly with the hotel and not central booking. The woman at the front desk was very friendly and helpful in giving us suggestions for restaurants and directions. Another nice surprise was how lovely Burlington/ Mt. Vernon area is. We really enjoyed our stay in this area and will definitely go back. The one bit of information I should pass on is that if you are a light sleeper beware of the full size fridge in the room, it makes quite a bit of noise throughout the night. Otherwise the hotel is nice and quiet.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We drove down from Vancouver Canada after a long flight from New Zealand so just wanted to stay in a clean and comfortable room. This was the place. The staff were very informative and helpful. The gym was just what I needed to exercise my legs after sitting for sooooo long. The location was easy to find and it was very quiet as our room was at the back of the building.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Just a few things away to make this a perfect stay: 1. Provide free breakfast; 2. Black-out shade in the living area. It is very bright during summer months if you have anyone sleeping on the sofa-bed. 3. Dock for iPhone/iPod. But overall it is a great hotel, I definitely will consider the Candlewood Brand from now on, which my usual preference is Residence Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Therese L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Burlington, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Snowmie,

Thanks for taking the time to give your review of our hotel. I appreciate that you took the time to bring to our attention a few things that could have made your stay more enjoyable. Candlewood is different from other hotels in that we have our Candlewood Cupboard to make purchases for your breakfast selection. I will have iPod/iPad docks available for use at the front desk...I love this idea! The next time you stay with us, look behind both the front decorative curtain and the sheers; the black-out curtains are tucked away.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington
#2 of 5 in Mount Vernon
Tulip Inn Mt. Vernon
Tulip Inn Mt. Vernon
#3 of 5 in Mount Vernon

Been to Candlewood Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!