“Excellent stay in a strange place”

Candlewood Suites Burlington
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Burlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The Candlewood is a gem, but I find it hard to understand why it exists in Burlington, which clearly is not a place one plans to visit for its cultural aspects. Unless huge shoppingmalls are on the top of your priorities.The Candlewood is quite new, less than year old when I stayed there. All rooms have kichtenettes, which has absolutely everything you need and more. The room was spacious, as well as the bathroom. The best part was the bed. I still have dreams about how well I slept. Even though (if you are not a tall person) you almost had to climb into the bed, once you were in it, you did not want to go anywhere else! The price was very reasonable compared to the quality and comfort. There is no breakfast serving in the hotel, so you should buy some food and prepare it in the kitchenette. It's a perfect place to stay when you are on a road trip on the Western coast!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Therese L, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear Misstravelling,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and your comments are very much appreciated. We have heard many reports of an excellent night sleep on our very comfortable beds! I hope that we have another opportunity to see you at the Candlewood Suites the next time you are in Burlington.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

This hotel had not been open for very long when I stayed there, and was in great condition. I had a 2 queen suite which had a modern kitchenette, and a desk which was shaped in a way which allowed it to double as a kitchen table. There was also a nice armchair to kick back and relax in. Bathroom was very clean, it is more of a budget style of hotel so amenities in bathroom were not great, bring your own! One thing to remember with this place (which I had not known) is that is geared towards longer stays and thus the servicing of the rooms is done weekly not daily ( so dont assume your towels will be washed daily or that your coffee/tea will be replenished).
The staff were lovely and there was a nice little "supply" shop near the front desk where you can pick up milk or microwaveable foods or ice cream etc. Location is right off the main drag for Burlington, very close to the shopping mall. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cpallo
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This lovely new hotel exceeded our expectations in every way. Friendly staff, easy check-in and check out, spacious room with lots of amenities, great location, comfy beds. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed there with my 6 y.o. son on our way to Artist Point in Mt. Baker. The 2 queen bed studio suite was very comfortable and everything smelled brand new! Love the granite counter tops in the kitchen and the sinks in the bathroom. The wi-fi service is excellent. Very friendly staff at check-in and check-out.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MyRNA27
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was the perfect place to park ourselves while we enjoyed the shopping in the Burlington area. It's a brand new hotel (2012) and the rooms are in excellent condition. The walls are a bit thin and there's a train that runs on the tracks behind the hotel, but I didn't mind. The bed was comfortable and really a great valued room with a stove, fridge, microwave,etc. It's great for business travellers who need a place to stay with an at home feel. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and although there's no restaurant in this hotel, the little shop in the lobby has milk, juices, cereals, muffins, etc. to keep you going.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper ask for something far away from the elevators and if you think that a...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GailVictoriaCanada
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I am a long time priority club member and booked online. The young man (Zeke) at the front desk was very pleasant and professional. His friendly manner and positive attitude was greatly appreciated. I received an alert from my credit card company (that I never saw until two days after my stay) it showed a higher rate than my receipt . I called the hotel and Zeke was on duty, after checking on my question he found that the alert was from the hold placed when I made the reservation. He called the card company and then called to let me know that the hold has been removed. I appreciate his follow through and excellent customer service. Zeke is definitely an asset to Candlewood Suites.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Gary D
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed in a 2 queen bed unit from Saturday to Monday. The staff are very friendly.The room was very comfortable. Very well layed out. Conveniently located for those who like to shop. We didn't use the BBQ area, but it sure looked inviting. Will definately stay there again. Highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Top floor back view is the best
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gisele K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burlington
Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington
1 mi away
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#4 of 5 in Mount Vernon

Been to Candlewood Suites Burlington? Share your experiences!