Spent one night here in a suite with separate sleeping area. Had just spent the previous night at the HI Express in Eugene, Or. Although both hotels offered the same room type and the price was almost identical, this room was about half the size and not nearly as high-end.
It was very clean and had been recently updated with 32" flat screens and a really good assortment of channels. They also had the pillows that are embroidered identifying them as firm or soft.
Our room was on the end of the building that faces I5. The windows do keep out 98% of the noise, but if you choose to sleep with the window open, you'll likely need earplugs.
The hotel location, while close to the highway, isn't close to much else. It is on the west side of I5 and most of Burlington is on the east side. The only restaurant close by is McDonald's. There is not much else around and definitely not close by walking.
I did like the free hot breakfast. Also, they own the lot next door. So if you have a big vehicle or trailer, you can park it there for free.
HI Express is a heck of a deal when you consider all that you get for your money. But that said, I might look around Burlington a little more next time for a place better located.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome! The newly renovated Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington, WA is located at exit 229 off I-5, minutes from Skagit Valley & Tulalip Casino's, outlets & shopping malls, Burlington/Mt. Vernon attractions, Skagit Speedway, WA State Ferry, whale watching, scenic San Juan Islands, Deception Pass, tulip fields, North Cascades Natl. Park, and the nearby cities of Mt. Vernon, Bellingham, LaConnor and Anacortes. This affordable Burlington hotel features an indoor pool, business center, fitness center and spacious rooms with microwave and refrigerator, plus several two-room suites and Jacuzzi suites! Businesses: Dri-Eaz, Paccar, Janicki, Sierra Pacific, Pacific Woodtech Corp, Shell & Tesoro Refineries, Puget Sound Energy, Nordic Tugs, Draper Valley Farms, Sakuma Brothers, Port Of Skagit County, and Transform. Hospitals: Skagit Valley Hospital, United General Hospital, and Skagit Valley Medical Center. Universities: Skagit Valley Community College. Retail: Seattle Premium Outlets, Prime Outlet Mall, Cascade Mall, Costco, and Home Depot. Attractions: Skagit Valley Casino, Northern Lights Casino, Tulalip Casino, Deception Pass, North Cascades National Park, Skagit Speedway, Riverfront Park, Tulip/berry fields, Seattle and Vancouver, BC. A credit card with proper ID is required for registration. Pets are not permitted on premises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Burlington
- Holiday Inn Burlington
- Burlington Holiday Inn Express