The hotel was full the night we stayed. We were going to go on a whale watching trip the next day.
Check in was fine. There were two issues we had during our stay. My wife was going to use the toilet and the seat was lose. She strained her back from the jolt. The other issue was the phone by the bed didn't work. I tried to check the cord, connection etc. I needed a wake up call so that meant I had to walk to the front desk and nobody was there. Then the person had to accompany me to the room (my wife was in bed and it was around 11 and we were tired). He tried to get the phone to work and couldn't either. He proceeded to bring a different phone to the room and that did not work.
I was told the hotel is 13 or 14 years old. It is at the point where maintenance and repairs are starting to be needed. Also, I took a picture of the bed. The edge of the mattress was all smashed down. They need to replace the mattress on the beds. Everything wears out at some point.
They were fair and took of 20% the next morning. I appreciated that.
Staff were friendly, the breakfast was good and it was reasonably quiet.
The hotel was basically fine but just getting a bit tired.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome! The newly renovated Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington, WA is located at exit 229 off I-5, minutes from Skagit Valley & Tulalip Casino's, outlets & shopping malls, Burlington/Mt. Vernon attractions, Skagit Speedway, WA State Ferry, whale watching, scenic San Juan Islands, Deception Pass, tulip fields, North Cascades Natl. Park, and the nearby cities of Mt. Vernon, Bellingham, LaConnor and Anacortes. This affordable Burlington hotel features an indoor pool, business center, fitness center and spacious rooms with microwave and refrigerator, plus several two-room suites and Jacuzzi suites! Businesses: Dri-Eaz, Paccar, Janicki, Sierra Pacific, Pacific Woodtech Corp, Shell & Tesoro Refineries, Puget Sound Energy, Nordic Tugs, Draper Valley Farms, Sakuma Brothers, Port Of Skagit County, and Transform. Hospitals: Skagit Valley Hospital, United General Hospital, and Skagit Valley Medical Center. Universities: Skagit Valley Community College. Retail: Seattle Premium Outlets, Prime Outlet Mall, Cascade Mall, Costco, and Home Depot. Attractions: Skagit Valley Casino, Northern Lights Casino, Tulalip Casino, Deception Pass, North Cascades National Park, Skagit Speedway, Riverfront Park, Tulip/berry fields, Seattle and Vancouver, BC. A credit card with proper ID is required for registration. Pets are not permitted on premises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Burlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Burlington
- Holiday Inn Burlington
- Burlington Holiday Inn Express